_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Italeri 1/35: Turkish Leopard 2A4
BigZimmo
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 132 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 01:33 AM UTC
Hi mates!!!!

Here again some heavy metal from me. It is a Turkish Leopard 2A4.

In the years 2005-2013 Turkey received 354 Leopard 2A4 from Germany.
Since 2017 there has been an increase in combat value and adaptation to local conditions.
This results from the experience of using the Leopard 2A4 in the fight against ISIS in Syria in 2016.
The Turkish military leadership initially used this vehicle (which was originally intended to be used in a tank battle against the Warsaw Pact troops in the northern German lowlands) in Syria without any adjustment (apart from a new camouflage). Among other things also as mobile close artillery. As a result, the enemy's use of small anti-tank-weapons meant relatively high losses. In the "Battle of Al Bab" for example, the Turks lost 12 Leopard in cause of russian anti-tank missiles used by ISIS-combatants.
In the meantime, the Turkish A4 are being adapted to the conditions of an asymmetrical conflict. And newer versions of the leopard are also in stock.

The Italeri-Leo is an Oldtimer among the kits. But I still like these veterans.
Built out of box. I do not attach great importance to 100% technical accuracy and can live with little goofs in the model.
I mixed the camouflage color myself based on photo templates.
It was not easy because the camouflage looked a little different on every picture. Sometimes it appeared more brownish, then again sandy and sometimes almost pink.
In the pictures of my Leo the whole thing appears a little brighter than in reality.
Weathering by washing with diluted oilpaint, use of various pastel chalks and the airbrush.
Final sealing with a matte clear coat from Revell.

My Leo shows a vehicle of the Turkish 2th Cavalry Armoured Brigade, turkish-syrian border, 2016.

Cheers
Stefan

grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 02:53 PM UTC
Hi Stefan;

Look's Great !! You really did A Nice Job !!

CHEERS; MIKE.
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 169 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 06:26 PM UTC
Great work! Congratulations!
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts