_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Marder III H/Pak40 question
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 03:36 AM UTC
Hello all,

My question is regarding the Pak 40 gun assembly on Dragon's Marder III 6420 kit:

Parts B18/B19 cap the end of the gun assembly on which the cannon slides during firing (not sure of the name of the component). What is the difference between parts B18 and B19? I can't seem to find any sort of pattern where which part is used.

I also cant seem to find a reliable reference as to whether part B19, if used, should be upside down compared to Dragon's instructions.

Thanks in advance!
Paska
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 02:41 PM UTC
Since I don't have the kit or the instructions, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume we are talking about the gun cradle front guard cap or whatever it's real name is. The 3-sided one is the early model type and the 4-sided one is the late type. Sorry, but I don't have the introduction dates for the change-over from one to the other. The 3-sided one should be oriented with the triangular side facing down.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-7-5-cm-Anti-Tank-Gun-PAK-40-barrel-cradle-front-guard-cap-/164056039086

The 4-sided one is symmetrical.
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 03:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Since I don't have the kit or the instructions, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume we are talking about the gun cradle front guard cap or whatever it's real name is. The 3-sided one is the early model type and the 4-sided one is the late type. Sorry, but I don't have the introduction dates for the change-over from one to the other. The 3-sided one should be oriented with the triangular side facing down.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-7-5-cm-Anti-Tank-Gun-PAK-40-barrel-cradle-front-guard-cap-/164056039086

The 4-sided one is symmetrical.

Perfect, thank you for the explanation. That answers my question exactly!
 _GOTOTOP