ERC-90 Sagaie ADV/Azimut
blacksad
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 198 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 02:01 PM UTC
Hi all,

In conjunction with my AMX-10, I began an ERC-90 Sagaie from azimut. I was tired of waiting after tiger-model and decided to give this one a go. First step was to remove material from the turret well so the suspension won't crush under the hull weight. Might add some support later. Lots of detail will have to be re-made from scratch as they were damaged/torn during unmolding.

C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 09:08 PM UTC
Watching this one, got the Azimut kit too.

Cheers,

Christophe
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 11:35 PM UTC
Good idea to reduce the weight of the hull. The suspension is a it weak considering the amount of resin to support.

Olivier
blacksad
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 01:00 PM UTC
I have something of a headscratcher here.. There is a serious gap between the hull and right fender.. I sanded down the tool boxes first so the fender could fit.. but then it wasn't aligned with the rear end.. So to make it straight I'd have to widen the whole front fender/tool box, which is impossible since the fenders are symmetric and should have the same width..

I don't know if I should just call it a day, or tackle tiger-model's erc-90 f1 lynx hull and mate it to azimut's turret; knowing that I'd have to modify the hull to bring it to french standards
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 08:29 PM UTC
You could cheat by adding some styrene strips between the hull and the bins.

Olivier
blacksad
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 07:04 AM UTC
Hello guys.

I've made little tangible progress on the model, the kit is far from being great. I didn't want to cheat with the dimensions to make parts fit so instead I bought tiger model's erc-90 f1 lynx kit, which shares the same hull. The only difference reside in an additional side bin and different headlights. I'll canibalize the headlights for now with a fine saw.

So far I glued a couple of parts onto the turret and corrected the smoke pots mounting plates :

I've modeled the side bin using sketchup :

Also modeled a new gun barrel, azimut simplified some details and mine had excentric parts. This took me a while but I'm pretty proud. I'll 3d print it later.

flugwuzzi
Visit this Community
Lower Austria, Austria
KitMaker: 633 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 01:56 AM UTC
Great work ... 3D printing opens completely new possibilities for scale modellers ;-)

cheers
Walter
 _GOTOTOP