_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Meng AFV Modeller
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 - 12:18 PM UTC
I'm a magazine junkie, can't help it, and the retailers I buy this mag from are closed, and I'm jonesing. I've missed two issues, and can't find an online retailer in the US. Amazon is Kindle only, Ebay stops at issue 110, and I've missed 111 and 112 now. Any suggestions? I'm not quite hard up enough to buy direct from the UK (expensive!) and I'd prefer print issues for the obvious reasons. I also snag MMI, no joy there either.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 - 12:50 PM UTC
Hi; Russ.

There are A number of sources that you mite try;
"For the Historian" ! -- Sprue Brothers; Lots of Model's;
Squadron;-- Barns & Nobel, !!! Getting Back issues has always been problematic unless you were A subscriber !

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.

Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 - 01:18 PM UTC
it might be a possibility that these magazines have temporarily ceased production due to the current medical situation originating from an unspecified country in Asia.
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 - 01:22 PM UTC
Michigan Toy lists 110 as available, 111 as a new release (not sure what that means in terms of it being in stock), and 112 as an upcoming release.

https://www.michtoy.com/michtoy_search_product.php?Vendor_ID=AFV%20Modeller

hth
Phil
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 - 01:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm a magazine junkie, can't help it, and the retailers I buy this mag from are closed, and I'm jonesing. I've missed two issues, and can't find an online retailer in the US. Amazon is Kindle only, Ebay stops at issue 110, and I've missed 111 and 112 now. Any suggestions? I'm not quite hard up enough to buy direct from the UK (expensive!) and I'd prefer print issues for the obvious reasons. I also snag MMI, no joy there either.

my Pocketmags app for Android, Mac or PC works for me. Its online of course, but way cheaper than any subscription for the printed stuff. Same great content, and you can always print pages if you desire I guess. I used to be a tactile, have to have my hands on it kinda guy... but I'm glad I switched to online mags...
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

it might be a possibility that these magazines have temporarily ceased production due to the current medical situation originating from an unspecified country in Asia.

No, these magazines haven’t ceased any production. I’m up-to-date with both AFV Modeller (Issue 112) and Military Modelcraft (May 2020) - purchased via Aviation Book Center. Shipping is perhaps taking a week longer then usual but no problems getting these sent to Canada either.
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 04:10 AM UTC
Okay. I think Sprue Bros website is glitched, they're my usual source if the several B&N stores I run by don't have it (or I miss one) but as of last night, their normal magazine page went blank when I selected "AFV Modeller". B&N only shows Kindle editions on their website, and Squadron doesn't show it at all.
I tried Michigan TS, couldn't find it, but I'll try the link, thanks.
Edit: And MTS it is, and with the AMPS discount it's a done deal.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 04:13 AM UTC
Colpar's in Aurora.
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 04:45 AM UTC
Didn't even think of them, love that place, and the last time I was there, I had to be coaxed out by the promise of being able to come back soon. Gee whiz Wally, being off work and all, I could just leave the trailer on the truck and instead of driving home from the beach here, keep on going to lovely, cool Colorado and "not work" from there. I'm pretty sure my wife would go along with that, and I haven't set foot in Colpar's in almost 10 years.
Yeah, I like it......

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 06:38 AM UTC
It's still one of the better hobby shops I know of around the country. I never go there without buying something. The sister shop in Lakewood not so much, but still good.
The one in Aurora has a hefty discount bin that has some surprisingly good models in it sometimes.
jps
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 08:26 AM UTC
I digitally subscribed to AFV modeler after the LHS that stocked it shut down and Barnes and Noble made me crawl on my belly like a reptile to look under the 2nd tier of the magazine rack. It was literally stocked where I had to get lower than the magazines and look up under the 2nd tier to see it. I have one on my tablet know and I am saving it to take to chmo in a couple of weeks.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 08:52 AM UTC
Hi;

"Yea" Colpar in Aurora Colorado, outside the Hobby Shops that were in Southern calif; they were the Best ! And I just remembered Brookhurst in Garden Grove which mite be another source for Mag's !! Also Andy's would be worth A try. And I will agree, the Meng magazine is worth the effort !!

CHEERS; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP