_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Artitec: M47 and Flat Cars
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 02:55 PM UTC

ARTITEC announces a new tank, and a rail transporter in 1/87.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 - 09:28 AM UTC
Railroaders' HO scale is just "cute" and that they've got such a huge selection of cool kits is quite amazing. Combining our hobby with theirs is somehow gratifying albeit that both are in stark generational decline in popularity with the average modeler being a male in their late fifties to mid sixties and railroaders being at least a decade or so older on average. The numbers aren't kind; I'm also wondering how I strayed so far off topic...
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 - 09:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Railroaders' HO scale is just "cute" and that they've got such a huge selection of cool kits is quite amazing. Combining our hobby with theirs is somehow gratifying albeit that both are in stark generational decline in popularity with the average modeler being a male in their late fifties to mid sixties and railroaders being at least a decade or so older on average. The numbers aren't kind; I'm also wondering how I strayed so far off topic...

I've always found the two hobbies go well together. Not off topic at all. But I think if I dig out my Fleischmann and yes, even Piko rolling stock, I'll find that very car or one like it in my stash from over thirty years ago. What amazes me is that in the 21st century those awful Euro couplers are still standard on stock railroad equipment.

German stuff for by DB layout:

US stuff for my Southern Pacific/Union Pacific/ATSF layout.
 _GOTOTOP