_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya german army m47 tank
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 - 04:47 PM UTC
Wondering if new tamiya m47 kit is just another italeri kit,orva complete new kit?
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 - 05:13 PM UTC
Hi Richard,

Italeri upgrade:
Quoted Text

West German Tank M47 Patton (37028). The kit is said to be a significantly updated version of the Italeri M47 Patton kit. Expect updates such as: strengthened part joins, addition of tow cables, better depiction of periscope guard parts.

You can read extensive comments in the news of the release:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/news/35498

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2020 - 01:08 AM UTC
Disappointing. And based upon the photos accompanying the story they have not improved the periscope guards, or any of the other brush guards for that matter.

Biggest plus will be the softer track.
Biggest minus will be the softer track.
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2020 - 02:22 AM UTC
What seems to be the obvious is that Tamiya will simply keep 99% of the Italeri kit sprues, but adding a smitten of parts for one particular vehicle. So, if you want to build an M47 representing Pakistani use, the Tamiya kit won't do it. Best to use reverse engineering! Another words, purchase an eBay M47 for 15 to 20 bucks, and add your own changes, that will give you the Tamiya release when finished. We've been doing that for over 3 decades now with the M47, and looks like that won't change for a few years more. If its a deliberate choice to ignore the M47 in the modeling world because it might be that it's not 'glamorous', or that it never saw combat with American forces, I don't know. That can be left up to speculation. As for me, I've enjoyed using the tinkering, and gizmology, to produce the best M47 I can. I learned a lot about myself and what I can invent, or scavenge, to improve that tank.
 _GOTOTOP