_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Blasts From the Past
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 11:23 AM UTC
No kidding, there I was...

Seriously, Memorial Day, Sergeant York is on. Standard viewing every year. I was digging through one of those shoe boxes we all have, filled with old sprockets, road wheels, the odd wheel from a Monogram half track - even a t-34 stowage box from the Nixon administration. And then I found it:

And old negative strip from my "B&W period."

But what was interesting was that, while Alvin York was swacking Germans in the background, I discovered one of them was a photo of the Sergeant York.

This was the first model on which I ever used my airbrush to do a multi color cammo job. Obviously I didn't follow the guide - just sort of did it freehand. There was a fourth color, probably impossible to see due to the B&W.

I went back at some point and airbrushed the crow's feet out of the road wheels.

The other model on the same negative strip was the second model I ever did a multi color cammo on with the airbrush.

I don't think the instructions even had a guide for the right side, but in looking at it now, I'm much happier than with the Sgt. York. This would've been 1983 based on when was doing my O&I course.

Anyone else got some oldies?
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 12:02 PM UTC
Somewhere I have pics of a Tamiya 25th scale Cent, I'll take a peek.
 _GOTOTOP