_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Live Resin: Pave Hawk & Little Bird Crew
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 - 02:02 AM UTC

Live Resin announced their new figures designed for Pave Hawk and Little Bird helicopter. Check them out, a true work of art!

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 - 06:59 AM UTC
Wow, those look stunning.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 - 07:43 AM UTC
pre-ordered... as my wallet lies whimpering in the corner..
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 - 10:16 AM UTC
Could someone please speak to the types of controls we are seeing? Collective vs cyclic?

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 - 12:31 PM UTC
These figures do look awesome. I may have to get them too. I have Live-Resin's earlier MH-60L pilots and crew chiefs and they are great. These look even better with the seat belts molded on.

Quoted Text

Could someone please speak to the types of controls we are seeing? Collective vs cyclic?

What you have pictured is the cyclic control stick handle. This is the one between the pilot's legs that controls the direction the helo flies by moving it in the direction you wants to go. In turn, it tilts the main rotor in that direction.

The collective is on the pilot's left side and moves up and down. It controls the vertical motion of the helicopter by pulling up to go up and lowering it to go down. It changes the pitch of the main rotor blades.

The other control feature is the anti-torque pedals. They control the pitch of the tail rotor which allows the helicopter to rotate around its center axis depending on which pedal you apply pressure to.

As far as the Live-Resin set goes, the top row is Cyclic handles. The left one is for an H-6 Little Bird. The two on the right are for H-60 Hawk models (Black Hawk, Pave Hawk, etc.) The bottom row is Collective handles. The left is for a Little Bird; the right is for an H-60.

Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 - 01:00 PM UTC
Wow! A stunning figure and helo set PLUS I learned something new about helicopter controls. A good day indeed.
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 - 02:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow! A stunning figure and helo set PLUS I learned something new about helicopter controls. A good day indeed.

Yes. Thank you Gino. As always, you're the man
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 12:35 AM UTC
I can't speak to all the Kitty Hawk figures, but the ones I saw in the first MH 6 they released with figures were hideous. We got the kit in at the store and I was pricing it and took a look to see if they were as ooogly in person as they had been online...when they were I let some other poor sap have a shot at the kit figuring Live Resin would save the day. And lo, they have and it is stunning! The kit in question is still sitting on the shelf complete with the trolls, I mean figures. My 30% birthday discount kicks in as of Monday... Wallet prepare for some weight loss
Live-Resin
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 808 posts
Armorama: 796 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 04:56 AM UTC
Gino, thanks for explanations
Richard_E
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 09:03 AM UTC
A question from an aviation modeller who isn't familiar with armour: are these figures and their equipment contemporary with operations in Somalia (Blackhawk Down) or do they represent a more recent era ?
Monsoon
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 09:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A question from an aviation modeller who isn't familiar with armour: are these figures and their equipment contemporary with operations in Somalia (Blackhawk Down) or do they represent a more recent era ?

These are recent era figures. Equipment, weapons, uniforms were different for Somalia.
Richard_E
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 09:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

These are recent era figures. Equipment, weapons, uniforms were different for Somalia.

Thank you - very impressive figures
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 09:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Live-Resin pilots are wearing newer HGU-56 helmets, newer Airsafe vests, and two-piece NOMEX flight suits.

From a crewman on the mission:
"Pilots for Op Gothic Serpent (Somalia 1993) all wore desert sand colored flying suits (one-piece) with a pistol usually on the thigh and their survival vest (unsure what type - most likely Ranger Body Armor or Chicken-Plate body armor) and SPH-4 helmets, personal weapons were MP-5 or M-16 usually."

More info on the aircraft and crew for Op Gothic Serpent can be found here at the Aeroscale Rotary Wing Forum.

bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 07:14 AM UTC
Not sure what this would cost, but it's almost worth buying for the "diorama in a box" aspect. One stop shopping for the whole thing.
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 07:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The Live-Resin pilots are wearing newer HGU-56 helmets, newer Airsafe vests, and two-piece NOMEX flight suits.

From a crewman on the mission:
"Pilots for Op Gothic Serpent (Somalia 1993) all wore desert sand colored flying suits (one-piece) with a pistol usually on the thigh and their survival vest (unsure what type - most likely Ranger Body Armor or Chicken-Plate body armor) and SPH-4 helmets, personal weapons were MP-5 or M-16 usually."

More info on the aircraft and crew for Op Gothic Serpent can be found here at the Aeroscale Rotary Wing Forum.

This looks great and worth buying but man I wish they took these exact same poses and did a Somalia accurate version as well.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 07:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This looks great and worth buying but man I wish they took these exact same poses and did a Somalia accurate version as well.

This is a good idea and I would be thrilled if Live Resin decided to go that route.

However, knowing the company's intention to go as modern as possible I don't think we'll see "Black Hawk Down" era figures from Live Resin.

Mario

PS Excuse my ignorance, but are those Kitty Hawk's Little Birds suitable for Somalia campaign?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 11:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...are those Kitty Hawk's Little Birds suitable for Somalia campaign?

Yes, their AH-6J/MH-6J kit (KH50003) was the type used in Somalia in '93. The included decals are for aircraft from Op Gothic Serpent.

Again, more info on Somalia Little Birds can be found at this post about them on the Aeroscale Rotary Wing Forum. Lots of helicopter info there.
zorrolobo
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 1,457 posts
Armorama: 1,440 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 02:12 PM UTC
A bit late for me. I already built mine with the kitty hawk figures. Not so bad.
 _GOTOTOP