Billy
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 03:21 PM UTC
Hi; Bill.

Hands Down !! "Miniart" ! For variety and with or without interiors !!

CHEERS; MIKE.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 04:00 PM UTC
I've built a Takom T-55AMV and Takom's Type 69-II. Both were lots of fun, straight-forward builds following very nice instructions. Both feature very clean molding, great details, pretty nice PE, and a generous supply of colored paint-schemes to model to. They are NOT perfect kits (if there is actually such an animal I'll rush off and grab one!) - the Takom tires need some care in assembly and need to be sanded to reduce the overly-prominent molded-on ribs. But those were my only real carp about those kits. I will likely build another Takom T-55 derivative kit... Although I have a rather big stash and need to do some other subjects in my remaining time! And I would highly recommend the Takom kits to those interested in the Chinese types in particular.

Do note that Miniart does not, to best of my knowledge, offer either a Chinese Type 69 or a type 69-II. Takom is your source for these marks if that is what you want. I don't have any familiarity with Takom's Type 59 kit(s), so cannot say about it. I've heard and seen good review and comments on Miniart's T-54/55 type kits, but have no experience with them, so cannot say to them, either.

Cheers! Bob
kaleu
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 04:49 AM UTC
I have built kits from both companies (the Miniart T-54b and the Takom Type 59.) IMO, the Miniart kits have the best details, but also the most parts. The Takom kit has good detail (watch out for the over large ribs on the tires), some very small parts and are generally easier to build. If you want an interior, Miniart is your go to T-55. They also have a Type 59, as does Takom and Hobbyboss.
 _GOTOTOP