_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
RyeField: Sherman w Interior Images
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 10:14 PM UTC

Rye Field shows images of their upcoming Sherman model with full interior. Wow!

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
deathdork
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 296 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 04:57 AM UTC
Is the parts count under 1,000??? Fantastic did not expect to see this in my lifetime.
pria2022
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 240 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 06:05 AM UTC
Looks nothing short of amazing. I'm wondering if the hatches and engine panels will be movable after assembly.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 08:03 AM UTC
They got a release date for this kit?
warmonger
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 217 posts
Armorama: 117 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 09:05 AM UTC
They show the engine hatches opened in the pics.
umbraculo
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 10:30 AM UTC
Plastic Sprues:
https://www.facebook.com/ryefieldmodel/photos/a.2579963515554946/2579963812221583/?type=3&theater
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 10:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is the parts count under 1,000??? Fantastic did not expect to see this in my lifetime.

The tracks alone are 1000 parts! The rest of the "exterior" is another 500, and I'd guess the insides must add another 500 or so. That makes for a lot of modelling time to build this beast!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 01:04 PM UTC
Wow indeed! Have to tell all of my friends on the "Green Team"!
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 03:01 PM UTC
"The tracks alone are 1,000 parts!" Hope that's not true, cause if it is, I won't buy this kit for that reason alone.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 03:32 PM UTC
Doesn't seem anymore formidable than Takom's Panther with interior though thankfully there they gave us very nice looking link and length tracks!

Excellent looking GAA engine and that grease gun weapon looks outstanding.
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 03:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Read the Full News Story

Thanks!

Honestly all that interior is a waste of build time time when you can't see it all
give me one of Tamiya's easy 8 any time I dont need all the interior I cant justify the high cost of that kit for all that
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2020 - 10:07 PM UTC
'Fraid so on the tracks - the kit is essentially the same one I reviewed here, but with extra parts for the interior. The tracks were a bit tedious, but once I got into a rhythm they built up nice!
Shermania
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 531 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 02:42 AM UTC
That looks sensational, I look forward to getting this, it’s been long overdue in plastic
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"The tracks alone are 1,000 parts!" Hope that's not true, cause if it is, I won't buy this kit for that reason alone.

6 parts per link
76 links per track set
2 track sets per tank
= 912 parts, add 6 parts for every extra link you may need to make ..
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 04:18 AM UTC
Might be a basis for one last IDF Sherman.
Dinocamo
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 11:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Read the Full News Story

Thanks!

Honestly all that interior is a waste of build time time when you can't see it all
give me one of Tamiya's easy 8 any time I dont need all the interior I cant justify the high cost of that kit for all that

Sir, with all due respect, can you stop whining teenage about interior kits every the topic come up?

RFM already release the version without interior. And as you already know, you have many options for it. Now, let other people have their option. Interior is time consuming, but it good to see a fully scaled model in all of its aspect. Assembling those is the experience.

Your value is not the same other's value. Otherwise you know what? For me, your normal model is a dead shell, display piece that you might as well buy pre-assembled somewhere in a toy store. If you can't add anything interesting to the topic, please keep the words for yourself.

It is my opinion, forgive me for disrespect other members here.
JavierDeLuelmo
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2020 - 12:58 AM UTC
Wow, at last! Fantastic and warmly welcome!
Charby
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 01:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sir, with all due respect, can you stop whining teenage about interior kits every the topic come up?

RFM already release the version without interior. And as you already know, you have many options for it. Now, let other people have their option. Interior is time consuming, but it good to see a fully scaled model in all of its aspect. Assembling those is the experience.

Your value is not the same other's value. Otherwise you know what? For me, your normal model is a dead shell, display piece that you might as well buy pre-assembled somewhere in a toy store. If you can't add anything interesting to the topic, please keep the words for yourself.

It is my opinion, forgive me for disrespect other members here.

I agree with your response 100%.

While I don't think I'll be buying this kit myself, I think it's great to finally have a Sherman with full interior in plastic for those who enjoy this kind of subject.

And yes, RFM does offer a version without interior, so if someone doesn't want the interior, they still have a choice.

Cheers!
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And yes, RFM does offer a version without interior, so if someone doesn't want the interior, they still have a choice.

Cheers!

I agree as well. It seems like people forget they don't have to buy a particular kit, especially in a case like this where the version they prefer is actually offered and was released first.

Don't want an interior? Don't worry, we've got you covered. In fact, you've been covered most of the span of plastic model kit history.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 05:23 AM UTC
For some modelers (I would be one of them) the issue is not weather the interior is visible once complete but that the modeler then has been exposed to to the complete tank and can say to some extent that they now know it intimately. (No kink intended.)

Even though I have spent many hours in and working on Shermans and have had the privilege once of even commanding a Sherman, I still like the idea that such a kit is available to me if I so choose.

As I have already stated I am currently enjoying very much my build of a full Panther with interior. (a Takom Berge) In this case it gives me the chance to more fully experience the Bergepanther in detail even though I will probably never get to the French Museum to experience one in the flesh. And this is even after getting to tour a Panther II.

In other words - different strokes for different folks!
MarcelDrgon
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2020 - 11:02 PM UTC
I started the empty one and here are my observations:
- RFM's M4 is further with many small details than all previous Sherman offerings,, but you don’s see many of these when finished.
- the surface of the rolled armour plates is quite strange, whilst only MENG and Dragon on some kits tried to depict something like that before, I am still more than happy with Tasca/Asuka and Tamiya plain surfaces in this respect, actually, the hull appearance of Tamiya still remains the benchmark for me,
- the engine compartment bulkhead is new to this kit, which is pity, as the kit construction and warping of many parts would make it quite useful in the one without the interior as well as it is much more difficult to be built properly aligned than any other from the competition,
- the kit is late WW2 version (gun mantlet cover, armoured exhaust deflectors, without medical kit and infantry telephone), but with the T80 track, which was quite rare then. This configuration is not even right for the Paper Doll marking in kit sans interior. For post WW2 appearance you need these two parts (at least), for the WW2 one the possibility to choose between the T66 and the T80 tracks would be nice. BTW, the Tasca/Asuka T66’s do not fit the RFM sprockets without some surgery (teeth too thick).
- the interior is a new thing, I would only recommend to get the RFM only if that is someone’s direct aim, otherwise Tamiya or Tasca/Asuka still serve a much more balanced options to easily build an Easy Eight of any period and component composition.
Shermania
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 531 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 - 07:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I started the empty one and here are my observations:
- RFM's M4 is further with many small details than all previous Sherman offerings,, but you don’s see many of these when finished.
- the surface of the rolled armour plates is quite strange, whilst only MENG and Dragon on some kits tried to depict something like that before, I am still more than happy with Tasca/Asuka and Tamiya plain surfaces in this respect, actually, the hull appearance of Tamiya still remains the benchmark for me,
- the engine compartment bulkhead is new to this kit, which is pity, as the kit construction and warping of many parts would make it quite useful in the one without the interior as well as it is much more difficult to be built properly aligned than any other from the competition,
- the kit is late WW2 version (gun mantlet cover, armoured exhaust deflectors, without medical kit and infantry telephone), but with the T80 track, which was quite rare then. This configuration is not even right for the Paper Doll marking in kit sans interior. For post WW2 appearance you need these two parts (at least), for the WW2 one the possibility to choose between the T66 and the T80 tracks would be nice. BTW, the Tasca/Asuka T66’s do not fit the RFM sprockets without some surgery (teeth too thick).
- the interior is a new thing, I would only recommend to get the RFM only if that is someone’s direct aim, otherwise Tamiya or Tasca/Asuka still serve a much more balanced options to easily build an Easy Eight of any period and component composition.

When I think of interior offered I immediately start thinking of diorama potential, burned out tank with turret blown off lying upside down next to the tank, mechanics working on a the engine, mechanics replacing the final drive as seen on vintage photos of work done on ‘hurricane’ in Normandy. Just one of these RFM kits will give me enought interior detail for atleast two and potentially 3 small dioramas ideas I’ve always wanted to do in plastic (I hate working with resin)
 _GOTOTOP