_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
atomic cannon
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 08:58 PM UTC
Hi all,

just saw on one of the japanese sellers(hobby search) the atomic cannon listed for release in july.

price is $180.

interestingly, the manufacturer is listed as 'ilovekit'

regards jason

i
alchemymike
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 208 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 10:43 PM UTC
there is another thread on this.... the kit is made by Trumpeter.... they have a new boxing with their name now... already built one and the detail is amazing!
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2020 - 02:49 AM UTC
Hi,

thanks for the info. I knew Trumpeter were doing this but hadn't realised it was already out..

The boxing was clearly Trumpeter that I saw but said 'I love kit' which was one of the reasons I mentioned it. Quite alot of new stuff had this branding despite being Trumpeter kits.

Regars Jason
allbann
Visit this Community
Gävleborg, Sweden
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2020 - 07:05 AM UTC
The kit is now available at Hobbyeasy
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2020 - 08:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

thanks for the info. I knew Trumpeter were doing this but hadn't realised it was already out..

The boxing was clearly Trumpeter that I saw but said 'I love kit' which was one of the reasons I mentioned it. Quite alot of new stuff had this branding despite being Trumpeter kits.

Regars Jason

All the kits shown on Hobby Search's website were previously branded as Merit kits, with the exception of the Atomic Cannon. As I noted in the other post about this, Trumpeter makes all the kits of course, but most likely had an agreement with Merit about rights to sell the kit for a certain length of time and/or Merit had some part in the kit designs. Although many of the kits are under "Trumpeter" on the Asian sites, they still were branded and boxed as Merit (at least that's how my Diamond T was). Not sure if the Atomic Cannon was a Merit kit that fell through or they just chose this new branding instead of the Merit name (seems likely given the subject matter of many of the Merit kits), but obviously Trumpeter is now able to market all the kits themselves under this new branding. The Atomic Cannon was of course available at the start of the year but only from one US dealer so it stands to reason there was an agreement in place for that kit as well.
25PDRFG
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 187 posts
Armorama: 181 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 12:04 AM UTC
its listed on e.bay. uk buy it now free postage fron china. £152.59
no idea how long it would take at the moment
 _GOTOTOP