_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
RyeField: New Images of Sherman w Interior
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 07:59 PM UTC

Rye Field shares new and photos of their upcoming Sherman with interior.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 06:36 AM UTC
This will be my first M4a3 76W HVSS, for sure. I've never built an allied tank with an interior before, but this looks incredible.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 07:25 AM UTC
Wow, just wow. I hope RFM will release other versions of the M4 with interiors like this, but something tells me they will probably stop with the late types. We’ll see.
VR, Russ
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 09:52 AM UTC
See! This is why I have absolutely no interest in 43 year-old Italeri kits. Seriously, I wouldn't be interested if they were handing them out for free. Only so much time on this Earth and wasting it fixing old kits doesn't work in my timeline. Wow, what a kit this baby is, especially in comparison!
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 10:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

See! This is why I have absolutely no interest in 43 year-old Italeri kits. Seriously, I wouldn't be interested if they were handing them out for free. Only so much time on this Earth and wasting it fixing old kits doesn't work in my timeline. Wow, what a kit this baby is, especially in comparison!

Ahhh, but the Italeri kit builds into another version of the Sherman my dear Watson
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 01:06 PM UTC
This is revolutionary. As long as this hobby has been around, I don't know any manufacturer that provided a full interior to a WWII Allied tank kit in styrene until now. Thanks RFM!
Airfoil
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 01:15 PM UTC
I guess it depends on your definition of Allied. We have had several kits of T-34s with interiors, prior to this. Not sure about Bandai and there 1/48th interior kits way back in the day, only had two German subjects.
This is a huge leap for Sherman fans to be sure and I hope I manage to get one.
mudlark
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 07:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

But fixing old/inaccurate kits is fun and challenging.....and sends you to the grave quicker.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 08:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

See! This is why I have absolutely no interest in 43 year-old Italeri kits. Seriously, I wouldn't be interested if they were handing them out for free.

Ermmm... Italeri don't even make this version... And there was a number of other M4A3E8 kits (from so-so to excellent) available over the years. The only new thing in this release is the interior, but no other 1/35 plastic M4 kit had interior before, so your reference to the old Italeri kit is a bit confusing
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 11:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

See! This is why I have absolutely no interest in 43 year-old Italeri kits. Seriously, I wouldn't be interested if they were handing them out for free.

Ermmm... Italeri don't even make this version... And there was a number of other M4A3E8 kits (from so-so to excellent) available over the years. The only new thing in this release is the interior, but no other 1/35 plastic M4 kit had interior before, so your reference to the old Italeri kit is a bit confusing

Frank refers to his comment about the review of Italeris re-re-re-release of their M4A1, now it comes with figures (Miniart???) ...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2020 - 12:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Italeri does make an M4A3E8 "Fury" Compared to this? At best "meh" though it has all the "Fury" storage.

Some bits are based on the 1990s Dragon M4A3E8 that was basically a conversion of the Italeri.

Good enough for me but not for folks of your discerning tastes.
VenomOrca
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 169 posts
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2020 - 06:09 AM UTC
thats really impressive.
i do hope this leads to more US vehicles with interiors.

a Pershing or Wolverine would be most welcome...heck even a Stuart.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2020 - 12:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I guess it depends on your definition of Allied. We have had several kits of T-34s with interiors, prior to this. Not sure about Bandai and there 1/48th interior kits way back in the day, only had two German subjects.
This is a huge leap for Sherman fans to be sure and I hope I manage to get one.

O, OK, I meant to say a full interior WWII M4 1/35 scale kit in styrene. Typed too fast in excitement.
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 352 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 12:47 AM UTC
Just received this in the UK.

Wow! What a kit...!!! Initial look is that it’s very impressive and for £60, a bargain in this day and age
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 - 12:22 PM UTC
I just got one as well.

The assembly instructions booklet is as thick as one of my MAD magazines

https://i.imgur.com/gaMpr0g.jpg

_GOTOTOP