_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter 1/35 Stryker ESV + LWMR/SOB
robw_uk
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,224 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 03:07 AM UTC
Ok, so time to build something complicated. Trumpeter Stryker Engineer vehicle with light weight mine roller (Bulldozer blade option as well). Photos

GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 03:09 AM UTC
I've got this one in my stash too!

I'll be watching this one closely!

robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2020 - 06:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've got this one in my stash too!

I'll be watching this one closely!

Thanks Richard. Thanks all... Lower front glacis and drive train done....

robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 06:22 PM UTC
And the rear. The rear panel is made up of the door (plus locking mechanism) , the ramp and the glacis - tempting me to get the Stryker mortar carrier to have the interior

trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 10:54 PM UTC
Looking good so far! Careful drilling and pins will allow you to exchange the LWMR and the blade.
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 12:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking good so far! Careful drilling and pins will allow you to exchange the LWMR and the blade.

was wondering about that. I will build both but most likely mount the LWMR but if it can be interchangeable even better
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 04:46 AM UTC
About 5 hours work on the upper hull (just placed). Like the way this goes together, lots of detail t goes together quite nicely

pattesmaq
Visit this Community
Haute-Alpes, France
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 05:53 AM UTC
Hello
this M1132 is great, especially the LVMR/SOB. good continuation
bye
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 04:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello
this M1132 is great, especially the LVMR/SOB. good continuation
bye

thanks...

first bench session after a week away - finished the SOB (straight bulldozer blade - some fiddly pins but it is articulated) which wont be mounted but will be painted up, and started on the light-weight mine roller....

robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 07:34 PM UTC
progress on the rollers. Very detailed and some small pins to allow it all to articulate but feels fairly solid. Building is getting close to an end then it will be on to painting

GulfWarrior
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 - 01:17 AM UTC
Lookin' good Robert!

robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 07:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lookin' good Robert!

Cheers Richard

Big milestone reached... building done (barring thin/small/fragile parts). Next up will be painting. Going to pre-shade (black primer, white highlights) and then hit with NaTO green (doubt it is an accurate colour but it is what I have)

Johnnych01
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 604 posts
Armorama: 506 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 11:12 AM UTC
Looks great Rob, and it seems to be very well detailed. I have just got the same one for the Stryker campaign, and can't wait to get started now I've seen yours coming together.
Any advice on the build would be great.
Is the etch that is in the pics all included ? Will be good to see how you do the tyres as I haven't done a great deal of real rubber on models.
Am now keeping a close eye on this one.
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 06:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks great Rob, and it seems to be very well detailed. I have just got the same one for the Stryker campaign, and can't wait to get started now I've seen yours coming together.
Any advice on the build would be great.
Is the etch that is in the pics all included ? Will be good to see how you do the tyres as I haven't done a great deal of real rubber on models.
Am now keeping a close eye on this one.

Stryker campaign??? whens that one starting (not that I have another Stryker or the funds to buy one)....

Goes together well. the PE is a bit of a pain in parts (what is on is all I could make fit) - there are 8 covers for the suspension (also in plastic) but no folding marks or instructions, I just couldn't work out how they worked or find anything on the internet so wen with the plastic.

Fit is good, nothing really horrendous to be honest - some fiddly pins to get in to allow the front attachments to articulate is about all. Only thing to note is that for the options on the front there are some shared parts (couple of pins, couple of handles and the uprights that form the front marker poles so I would suggest building the one you want to use first and then, if you want to build the second one for "fun" do that after....
Johnnych01
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 08:47 PM UTC
Thanks for the info on those bits Robert. Once the mine roller and blade are constructed are they very rigid in how they move, or do they " flop about " some things on other kits once assembled ?

Richard (gulfwarrior) organised the Stryker campaign and I think it starts in Jan 21 .. so maybe treat yourself to a Stryker Xmas pressure ??
I'm seriously thinking about getting another variant to do as well.
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 08:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the info on those bits Robert. Once the mine roller and blade are constructed are they very rigid in how they move, or do they " flop about " some things on other kits once assembled ?

Richard (gulfwarrior) organised the Stryker campaign and I think it starts in Jan 21 .. so maybe treat yourself to a Stryker Xmas pressure ??
I'm seriously thinking about getting another variant to do as well.

the blade is OK, the mine-roller seems flimsy BUT thats probably becasue the wheels aren't attached yet...

oohhh if it is start of '21 then maybe Santa will be good - looking for the Mortar Carrier to get the full interior
GulfWarrior
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 - 01:23 AM UTC
I've got to look and see which ones I still need for the whole collection. I'm know I've got these:

Infantry carrier
TACP
NBC
Engineer squad
Dragoon

I've done one of MGS variants before as well. I still need the Medevac and mortar carrier. Is that all? I thought the Dragoon made #9 when it came out.

Johnnych01
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 - 01:48 AM UTC
Damn auto correct on spelling and whoever invented it !!!! I have to start double checking lol ...

Should of been Xmas pressie
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 - 04:41 AM UTC
And just like that it all went black... Next up the white/grey highlights

Johnnych01
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 - 06:20 AM UTC
Looking good with that black primer Rob, I gotta say, it looks quite menacing in just black....
I got my ESV in the post today ... Must say it looks pretty impressive. Are you using the strapping that's supplied, if so, where abouts does it go ? Is it for general stowage restraint ?
Also, are the tyres primed as well ? I've not done tyres before.. and don't want to arse them up when I do them.
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 - 06:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking good with that black primer Rob, I gotta say, it looks quite menacing in just black....
I got my ESV in the post today ... Must say it looks pretty impressive. Are you using the strapping that's supplied, if so, where abouts does it go ? Is it for general stowage restraint ?
Also, are the tyres primed as well ? I've not done tyres before.. and don't want to arse them up when I do them.

thanks John, it is quite a striking vehicle (pun intended). I will have ot look at the strapping - think it goes over the side baskets but not looked in much detail.

the tyres are part primed - sometimes the paint cracks when putting them on so will have to see how these behave
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 03:35 AM UTC
now white pre-shading complete. Will hit with NATO green tomorrow (remembering to go lightly with it

Johnnych01
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 05:55 AM UTC
So once the beast is finished Rob, have you given any thought to stowage ?

I was thinking about what I will use and with all those racks, it will be rude not to put something in them to fill the space. I was looking at the Legend sets but they are well expensive, and there's no way I could justify spending nearly twice as much on stowage as I did on the kit and I can't really find much that would fit in...

I hope the NATO green looks good as I will using that as well if it does.
robw_uk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 - 04:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So once the beast is finished Rob, have you given any thought to stowage ?

I was thinking about what I will use and with all those racks, it will be rude not to put something in them to fill the space. I was looking at the Legend sets but they are well expensive, and there's no way I could justify spending nearly twice as much on stowage as I did on the kit and I can't really find much that would fit in...

I hope the NATO green looks good as I will using that as well if it does.

I have some modern stowage and the kit comes with ration boxes so yes there will be some kit on it 9not my best part but need more parctice)...

And now it is green. AK Interactive NATO green (probably not right but weathering will help). Managed to keep some of the pre-shading

Johnnych01
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 - 05:57 AM UTC
Although it might not be the right green I think it's come out nicely Rob and you can see a fair bit of the pre shading which looks good.

I was going to get the tamiya American modern stowage to add a few bits to mine once it gets done. I was quite impressed you get the added ration boxes in the kit as they look good.

I think I may try the tamiya NATO green for mine when I get to the campaign as that seems a bit darker.

_GOTOTOP