_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Panzer IV ausf. G (Kharkov 1943)
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 04:26 AM UTC
Hi folks,

I'd like to share a WIP - Dragon's Panzer IV ausf. G. This has languished in my stash for a year after I messed up the running gear and the rear muffler. Anyway, I decided to dust her off and finish the build process. I wanted to do a vehicle in dunkelgelb serving in greece but I lost the appropriate parts for the smoke grenade launchers. Got stuck with a LAH vehicle instead. Have finished adding snow on the running gear. Would appreciate any constructive feedback you might give. Thanks for looking!

kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 - 03:14 AM UTC
Managed to take some better photos under the overcast sky:

phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 - 07:01 AM UTC

I think it's looking good, but I'm a newb. I like the execution on the white wash. Which kit is it?
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 - 07:18 AM UTC
Personally, I think that's a very realistic rather than 'artistic' winter camo finish - well done Nigel!
Gary
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 - 08:01 AM UTC
Very, very nicely done. I like the counter shading on the edges and the staining around the vehicle. Excellent finishing and weathering and just the right amount of snow. Wonderful job Nigel.
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think it's looking good, but I'm a newb. I like the execution on the white wash. Which kit is it?

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Personally, I think that's a very realistic rather than 'artistic' winter camo finish - well done Nigel!
Gary

Thanks Phil, Gary and Matthew! Really appreciate it

@Phil - this is Dragon's Panzer IV ausf. G in Kharkov kit #6363. It's a pretty good kit with quite a few options.
 _GOTOTOP