Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell Leopard 1A1 "Snow Leopard"
mertox
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 05:57 AM UTC
This is the 2017 release of the 2015 tool. I decided to do this in a winter camo theme. Used beads for the lights and reflectors. For the snow on the engine compartment, I used clear Gorilla glue. It dries well looking. Put some snow on it, put in a good bit of the glue, gives it a slushy look where the snow is melting from the engine getting hot. The tank is solid green, so I added some strategically placed white tarps to help camo it. Tried a new camera filter that adds to the rough, cold look. Not sure I like the filter, but it does indeed add to the feel.

You can see the tarps on the barrel, the search light, the front of the hull and note the one over the engine deck. Using the glue and some thinned down grey paint, it has a slushy, icy look on the deck.

You can see on the exhaust vents where I did the glue on it also to make it look like melting snow.

From this angle you can get a good idea how well the white tarps break up the form of the tank. It could easily blend in with thick brush and rocks.

A better view showing how much of the tank is disguised.

The engine exhaust is made to look like it was iced over pretty well and it starting to melt. Note the beads for the lights and reflectors. Easy to do and has a great look to it.

From this angle you can really get a great feel of how the snow/ice is melting. Dabbed thinned grey paint on the tarp, then put a good bit of the clear glue. Clear Gorilla glue works great as when it dries, it has a "wet" look.

Here you can see how the Gorilla glue keeps its wet look. The light actually reflects off it much in the way it reflects off water.

All in all a fun build. Had fun experimenting with the clear glue for the melting snow/slush effect. I feel like it would work great on a dio base for melting snow on a road or where a tank is driving through a field or forest or something.
WilliamHarry
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 08:54 AM UTC
Nicely done! I like the Leo. We see too few of them here.

Bill
 _GOTOTOP