_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Time for a shopping spree!
TheGreatPumpkin
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 690 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 - 06:18 AM UTC
Hi All,
In case you haven't heard, the AMPS International show has been cancelled. You can check out their FB page for the full details. This just sucks for those of us who were looking forward to the event. I agree 100% that caution and the welfare of all the participants should come first. HOWEVER, there is one group of people that is going to be directly hurt by this: the vendors. They probably factor the shows (in this case AMPS and Armorcon) into their financial plans for the year. So I propose that we, the membership, do something to help them. Take the money you were going to spend at AMPS and go shopping! Take a look at the vendors and either buy stuff from their websites or give them a call with your shopping list. I'm sure they would appreciate the business and you get some of the goodies you've been looking for.
Regards,
Georg

PS- here's the announcement of the cancellation
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 - 06:26 AM UTC
Sorry to hear!

As far as dealing with the vendors listed on AMPS website, I deal with at least 5 of them on a regular basis...I don't need a contest to help these guys stay afloat.
MontanaHunter
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2020 - 11:14 AM UTC
In case anyone was wondering who the vendors where (like I was), hit Georg's link he provided and the announcment has a list of the vendors.

Georg, hats off to spread the word and encourage people to look at those guys and help them out, several where ones I look at already bt also provided me w a few I wasn't as familar with, appreciate it.
 _GOTOTOP