_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tamiya M4A3E8 1/35 (Korean War)
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 02:55 AM UTC
Greetings

I'd like to share my work on this Tamiya M4A3E8 that I built for the Korean War Campaign Would appreciate any constructive criticism. Thanks folks!

G-man69
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 944 posts
Armorama: 928 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 03:59 AM UTC
Hi Nigel,

No criticism, constructive or otherwise, you've done a great job. The weathering is excellent, really like the 'dusty' feel you've achieved.

The face is nicely done too, i'm presuming it's painted as opposed to a decal?

Cheers, ,

G
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Nigel,

No criticism, constructive or otherwise, you've done a great job. The weathering is excellent, really like the 'dusty' feel you've achieved.

Cheers, ,

G

Thanks mate! Really appreciate it. The tiger face is actually the kit supplied decals! They went down smooth BUT because they were a bit thick they had a rough time conforming to the transmission plate where there were bolt heads. I did the best i could with a wet tissue and tore a bit of the decal trying to make it conform. I just painted the parts that broke with black and white acryic paint to touch em up
G-man69
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 944 posts
Armorama: 928 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 04:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Nigel,

Cheers, ,

G

Thanks mate! Really appreciate it. The tiger face is actually the kit supplied decals! They went down smooth BUT because they were a bit thick they had a rough time conforming to the transmission plate where there were bolt heads. I did the best i could with a wet tissue and tore a bit of the decal trying to make it conform. I just painted the parts that broke with black and white acryic paint to touch em up

Hi Nigel,

You're welcome, as to the 'face' decal I'm impressed, I really did think it was hand painted, in part due to the flatness of the colour against the dull red background. Damage repaired, or not, you've done a great job.

Cheers, ,

G
kaleu
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 05:02 AM UTC
That is a good looking Sherman. I like the paint and weathering on it. Well done.
mligthart
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 46 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 05:30 AM UTC
awesome work, especially the front. Will you add the figures that come with the kit?
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 05:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Nigel,

Cheers, ,

G

Spend a bit to get some decal softener solution. Might be too late now for use on your current decal issue, but will certainly come in handy in the future.
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 01:22 PM UTC
Thanks G-man69, Erik, Michel and John

@John - I spent a day trying to get her to settle down with Mr. Softer but alas. For this one, I think I needed a much more potent decal solution. It still generally went down nice and flat - it just didn't want to conform to the deep holes with the nuts and bolts in the transmission (a lot of other decals would probably have the same issue)
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 11:48 PM UTC
Sad to hear...keep trying though! Maybe find another source of the decal(s) itself. Good luck!
panamadan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 1,513 posts
Armorama: 1,449 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 12:02 AM UTC
Nice job
 _GOTOTOP