_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Sprue Brothers
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 08:40 AM UTC
I am not a shill for them like a former Armorama member was, (who was disappeared in a manner that would make the NKVD proud) but they've got some great deals going on. I picked up yet another Panda M109A7 Paladin for about $34.00 yesterday. It was over 35% off. This weekend they've got Legend and other stuff on sale for 30% off.

phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 10:29 AM UTC

Sadly we don't really have a friendly local hobby store so Sprue Brothers gets most of my business. My experience with them has been great. But on more than one occasion I've bought something that then went on sale within a couple of weeks
plastickjunkie
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 399 posts
Armorama: 157 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 11:15 AM UTC
Can't complaint about SB. Very happy so far with their customer service.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 02:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can't complaint about SB. Very happy so far with their customer service.

They are increasingly becoming my go-to mail order shop, great customer service, fair prices, great sales, excellent selection, speedy delivery (for me anyway). Check out their “odds & ends and daily specials. My only complaint is they sell out of some new items quickly, but they usually always get restocks in, after a while anyway. They carry a huge stock of Verlinden items, for those looking for them.
VR, Russ
GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 02:14 PM UTC
Yup...they are the ones who sold me the AFV Club Stryker Dragoon earlier this week!

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 02:33 PM UTC
They are my 2nd favorite behind Scalehobbyist
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 04:33 PM UTC
Hi;

You Guys mite also try looking at Hobbylinc; & Lots of Models as they both have great stuff !! I really like LOM for Magazine's as they offer Free Shipping !

CHEERS; MIKE.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 02:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi;

You Guys mite also try looking at Hobbylinc; & Lots of Models as they both have great stuff !! I really like LOM for Magazine's as they offer Free Shipping !

CHEERS; MIKE.

Hobbylink Japan yes. Hobbylinc USA, not so much. Pre-ordered a kit some time back, when the kit was finally released, they charged me for it, but it never came. After inquiring, they said the kits came in and all pre-orders were filled, I’d have to wait until they restocked. Meanwhile, the charge still went through. I never did receive the kit, so I finally cancelled the charge. Many of these on-line shops don’t actually have stuff in stock, they use a “demand” system, Hobbylinc USA is one, as is Squadron. That’s why I like Sprue Brothers, they have a large stock, and indicate if it’s in stock or not, and fill out of stock items regularly. One other reason I like SB is they Are one of the few US shops to carry a wide selection of Gunze Mr. Color paint products. And their shipping is fast.
VR, Russ
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 05:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One other reason I like SB is they Are one of the few US shops to carry a wide selection of Gunze Mr. Color paint products. And their shipping is fast.
VR, Russ

To reinforce, buying more paint is one of the wisest decisions a modeler can make.

As an amateur modeler, a common mistake is buying more kits as most modelers do, but it's the variety of paint colors, weathering products, tools, pigments, decals, PE, inks, washes, brushes, and groundwork that really separates amateur modelers from expert modelers. The more variety of paint colors in the stash, the better anything looks.

If you look at Expo and contest modelers, their use and choice of paint colors and weathering is what makes their finished builds really stand out.

So please bear in mind that while many modelers go for buying new kits, those modelers starting out or wondering how best to improve their builds...buy the paints, tools, brushes, and weathering products...they're not gimmicks...these finishing products actually do work and have the quality now to make for some outstanding builds.

One needs to learn to balance hobby funding to buy the aftermarket materials to support the kits instead of just buying more and more kits.

I've used SprueBrothers...they're great :-)!

Peter
ccordoba7141
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 27 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 06:03 AM UTC
Absolutely agree with everyone here. Sprue Brothers has good selection, good and fast service and fair pricing..............can't ask for much more than that.
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 08:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Absolutely agree with everyone here. Sprue Brothers has good selection, good and fast service and fair pricing..............can't ask for much more than that.

Ditto!
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 12:01 PM UTC
My experience is that the many positives listed above are true. I agree that their pricing is "fair" (it's less than MSRP), but outside of their specials and sales it is never what I'd call "great". If one of the other mail order shops has the item SB only rarely has the lowest total price. That is the reason I have not used them more often.

KL
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 01:38 PM UTC
i don't seem to shop there (based on my past experienceS). i would if it was the only place i could obtain something i absolutely could not live without. but probably not then either i would just go without.

Scale Hobbyist IS one of the sources i use most.
 _GOTOTOP