_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
RFM Panzer III J
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2020 - 05:48 PM UTC

With movable figure
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2020 - 06:07 PM UTC
Looks like there will be a whole line of 'movable soldiers': https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/07/more-from-suyata-with-four-innovative.html?m=1

Is Suyata a Tamiya subsidiary? The boxart, logo and subjects of their 'Sean's Warrior Series' are definitely Tamiya related.
deathdork
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 296 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2020 - 06:22 PM UTC
I think I lack imagination, but the movable soldiers seem somewhat useless to me. As they designed as an academy figure base for the putty masters among us to practice their skills on?
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2020 - 06:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think I lack imagination, but the movable soldiers seem somewhat useless to me. As they designed as an academy figure base for the putty masters among us to practice their skills on?

These are probably toys that can be assembled and painted. Maybe their purpose is to attract children to modeling...
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 12:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

These are probably toys that can be assembled and painted. Maybe their purpose is to attract children to modeling...

I think you're correct. They look a bit like Kryten from the Red Dwarf series. Maybe made simple to appeal to kids, or to the robot enthusiasts. Either way I don't know if I'm creeped out, or want to get a few sets and do a dio.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 12:22 AM UTC
I think the proper name of this set should be 'German Kleines Kettenkraftrad Crew participating in olympic Panzerfaust Relay'.

'I vill hit your Stahlhelm viz mein Panzerfaust'
Garrand
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 02:41 AM UTC
I am pretty sure these are meant to be mannequins you sculpt over. Look at the feet & the boot details. Also the faces are much more detailed as compared to the body. I do not think these are kids toys, but an aid to modelers that wish to populate their kits.

Damon.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 02:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am pretty sure these are meant to be mannequins you sculpt over. Look at the feet & the boot details.

Then how do you explain this?

UpperCanadian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 04:21 AM UTC
I'm puzzled by the movable figures.

They don't seem like something a serious figure modeller would want, nor do they seem like something you'd want on your tank.

Neither do they seem to be a toy.

Seems like they don't have a demographic who would want them. I imagine they won't be around for long.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 05:22 AM UTC
The Panzer III looks interesting but i would like to see sprue shots because of it being paired with the soldier. The soldier sets themselves are easily recognizable as I had several of the Tamiya sets they are based on. Considering Anime culture I wouldn't be surprised if this is something new in the Asian market or an effort to reach out to younger modelers with something a little more active.
weesiep
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 07:01 AM UTC
These are a homage to the old sets of lore from Tamiya from the seventies. like a hipster kind of thing with their stylized geometric lines.

Something you could built und put up for display in a modern interior.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 07:24 AM UTC
They remind me of castle Wolfenstein.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 07:25 AM UTC
I have not judged a contest in decades but I seem to recall ONE figure can be added to the base of an armor kit to provide a sense of scale, and the kit cannot be judged by the quality of the figure. If you don't like painting figures this could be option for you. Although you could just as easily use kit the figure...
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 10:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think the proper name of this set should be 'German Kleines Kettenkraftrad Crew participating in olympic Panzerfaust Relay'.

'I will hit your Stahlhelm viz mein Panzerfaust'

It's a good thing I finished my drink before reading this!

And, looking forward to a another PZIII!
jps
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 11:14 AM UTC
the guys chasing the kettenkrad somehow remind me of greyhounds chasing that mechanical bunny.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 11:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like there will be a whole line of 'movable soldiers': https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/07/more-from-suyata-with-four-innovative.html?m=1

Is Suyata a Tamiya subsidiary? The boxart, logo and subjects of their 'Sean's Warrior Series' are definitely Tamiya related.

Suyata is a Chinese company founded this year. They mostly make egg-type kits like the 'Toon stuff Meng has released. The box probably reminds you of Tamiya because the Chinese know no boundaries when it comes to intellectual property.
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 12:38 PM UTC
I would have loved these as a kid.

I had the 1:18 scale plastic G.I. Joe's that I had to use a lot of imagination to create WW2 contexts. I remember my dad introducing me to the 60's show 'COMBAT!' that played on one of the classic movie and tv channels. I'm so glad I got to grow up watching that around aged 5 and 6 in the early 90's.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 06:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The box probably reminds you of Tamiya because the Chinese know no boundaries when it comes to intellectual property.

It's not just the visual clues but the whole thing...

_GOTOTOP