_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
IJN Green Type 2
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 12:09 AM UTC
Inherited a Dragon Type 2 Ka-mi (with pontoons). Info I have found says the were painted green after 43 (as a general rule) Speculation is it was IJN Type 2 green. Been looking around on line and Lifecolor makes it (in their IJN2 Set / UA650(?)) and White Ensign had it . Little luck of finding either on line, in the US. (Don't want to wait a decade waiting for something from overseas.) Soverign is supposedly taken over White Ensign's line. No luck with them either. Saw an outfit,Trucolors, but they are airbrush formulaed. Not sure how well their stuff works with hairy sticks. (also the color looked waay off. Looked more like paint for a Zero) I have a bunch of ww2 US Navy greens (MTB green and 3 or 4 others. ) Are any of the US colors close to the IJN Type 2?
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 03:00 AM UTC
You can get the Lifecolor IJN #2 set in the US from Scalehobbyist.com . They also sell almost the full Lifecolor line individually, but unfortunately IJN Green Type #2 isn't one of them. I don't have references on US Navy greens, so can't suggest a color match for you. I can however highly recommend Lifecolor paints and Scalehobbyist.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 08:22 AM UTC
Domo Arigato. I like life colors stuff (though a big fan of Hataka these days. Ecellent stuff. Unfortunately they don't have IJN colors. IJA set is great,) I'll have to drop Scale Hobbiest a line. Maybe if I ask real nice they can "find" a solo bottle for me.
 _GOTOTOP