_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
King Tiger turret number 131 in Hungary
john3591
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 - 09:49 AM UTC
Hello-I have a 1/72 Dragon Konigstiger Henschel turret with zimmerit and wanted to model it as tank 131 in Hungary 1945 with winter white wash. I have seen no images except some artists rendition which show it solid white. Any idea what camouflage scheme is under the white wash? Maybe a fellow modeler did one correctly already? Thanks for any help.---John
Paska
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 07:50 AM UTC
On page 184 of Tigers in Combat, Vol I., (PB edition), there is a low-resolution photo of 131, sPzAbt 503 ("Feldherrnhalle"), in Hungary, sometime in mid-February, 1945. It is without whitewash, but the camouflage pattern is not discernable and very diffuse, it is probably very dirty. It appears to be a standard 3-tone finish. The battalion's last delivery (45 tanks) was in Sept. 19-22,'44, some were in "Ambush Scheme", some were rather ordinary with large green and brown patches. This image is from the famous propaganda newsreel film, shot at the Senne Training Area near Paderborn in Sept., the 1st company vehicles are present and show the typical camo.

_GOTOTOP