_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Building a Namer IFV from scratch?
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 05:33 PM UTC
After receiving SabIngaMartin Publications book on Namer IFV, I feel a certain itch to scratchbuild that track. I guess that a Merkava IV kit would be the best starting point. Problem is that there are no reliable informations about dimensions. Are the suspension components all Merkava IV or are there any parts of Merkava III involved?
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 10:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After receiving SabIngaMartin Publications book on Namer IFV, I feel a certain itch to scratchbuild that track. I guess that a Merkava IV kit would be the best starting point. Problem is that there are no reliable informations about dimensions. Are the suspension components all Merkava IV or are there any parts of Merkava III involved?

Israeli Gear is not my interest, but:
3D Model here You will need a free 3D program like Sketchup though should give you someones' interpretation.

ScaleMates list several models, including 1/35th. Namer Models

Mind you, if you build it, HobbyBoss or Trumpeter will release it....
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 - 05:44 PM UTC
Hobbyboss do a good recovery vehicle, and there are several images in Reluctant Renegade’s thread here of the real thing. Plus, there is a build article in some mag somewhere in my pile I can dig out if you’re interested. Of course, the kit and conversions are of pre-production vehicles, the in service vehicle has sloped sides to it. I’m hoping that Meng will release this as a kit soon.

Good luck with the build.
 _GOTOTOP