_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
BUK SA missile system question
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 12:35 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

I am building the Meng BUK 9K37M1 model and was wondering about the metal mesh on the exhaust at the side of the vehicle: reference photos show both a single piece uniform grill as well as a more rudimentary mesh which is bolted to the vehicle using larger nuts. Would anyone happen to know if there’s a difference based on vehicle variants? Was one mesh an upgrade over the other?
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 07:48 AM UTC
Hi;

It could be just A rebuild replacement with whatever material they on hand ! Or it just what the Zavod had in stock at the Time.

CHEERS; MIKE.
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 08:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi;

It could be just A rebuild replacement with whatever material they on hand ! Or it just what the Zavod had in stock at the Time.

CHEERS; MIKE.

Hi Mike,

I checked references and vehicles had either mesh, but more often the one that looks more mcgyvered (with the bolt flaps on top). I couldn’t find any pattern as to which vehicle variant got what mesh. It’s not a huge difference but the Meng kit uses the one-piece uniform-looking mesh whereas the voyager PE set specific to that kit gave the other one.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 06:52 PM UTC
Hi;

As the BUK vehicle is in reality A New System, except for the chassis, its really hard to say what feature is correct ! If only there was more vehicle info; like Walk/arounds or references then it mite be more easier to ident. As for your kit in question, I would think the Meng kit would need very little extra features ! In most cases I See little need for extensive PE set's

CHEERS; MIKE.
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 1,390 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 07:39 PM UTC
Hi,

Here is a lengthy topic with a lot of pictures of various weapon systems, fielded by modern Russian Armed Forces:
http://panzer35.ru/forum/22-19268-1

Check for Бук,or 9К37, 9К37М1, 9К317 and 9К37М1-2

HTH,
 _GOTOTOP