_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Roden: Type B WW1 Bus "Pigeon Loft"
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 07:46 PM UTC

Roden announces a new Type B WWI Bus "Pigeon Loft"

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 09:18 PM UTC
Wondering how they are going to depict the fencing of the actual cages in this scale...

Has nothing to do with it being a very cool subject! I like it it a lot!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 - 12:03 PM UTC
I really like this and wish that it was offered in 1/35 where you can finally have the details that it cries for -like pigeons, for example.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 - 12:55 PM UTC
This is neat. Guess I’m dating myself with this over-used word, but it’s really neat. I too would like to see it in 1/35 scale (Roden does have a habit of pantographing though so maybe someday?). What would really be neat is if it came with PE for the screens, and a few miniature pigeons. In fact, I’d like to see a few birds in 1/72 and 1/35.
VR, Russ
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 - 06:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This is neat. Guess I’m dating myself with this over-used word, but it’s really neat. I too would like to see it in 1/35 scale (Roden does have a habit of pantographing though so maybe someday?). What would really be neat is if it came with PE for the screens, and a few miniature pigeons. In fact, I’d like to see a few birds in 1/72 and 1/35.
VR, Russ

Hummingbirds????
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2020 - 07:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

VR, Russ

Hummingbirds????

Ha ha, no, I think in 1/72 or even 1/35, you’d need a microscope to see an “avian helicopter“. I have two projects I’d like to see some birds for— one is a 1/35 M-19 in Korea with a bird sitting on the end of one of the gun tubes. The other is an F3F on a carrier deck with a seagull or pelican on the wingtip in 1/72 scale. I haven’t found suitable birds (Tamiya makes some in one of their livestock sets) and a few other manufacturers make them, but I haven’t really found any that are realistic enough in a small scale. Thought maybe Roden would do a few for this kit. Model RR manufacturers have some, but again, between the scale differences and casting, they’re not very appealing.
VR, Russ
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP