_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
MiniArt: German Infantry at Rest
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 - 09:10 PM UTC

MiniArt announces another set of figures, with German WWII Soldiers resting.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 - 02:15 AM UTC
Probably could work as tank riders also I would think
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 - 02:52 AM UTC
Hmmm...remove weapons and some personal kit and they could be POW's.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 - 03:22 AM UTC
You posted this already:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/287604

The only difference is you show the sprues in the link above, and completed figures in this new article. Couldn't you have updated the previous to have sprues and completed figs in one article?
Pongo_Arm
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 147 posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 - 03:57 AM UTC
The guy that carries the heaviest load(the MG 34 gunner) does not put it on its bi-pod(but deploys the bi-pod, that would not be deployed on the march) but sits there hugging the dam thing instead of resting at all. Well thought out. lol.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 - 05:12 AM UTC
Is actually an MG 42...
steel_tiger1
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 - 07:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You posted this already:

The only difference is you show the sprues in the link above, and completed figures in this new article. Couldn't you have updated the previous to have sprues and completed figs in one article?

Why does it matter is the internet running low on space?
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 - 12:46 PM UTC
It's how you view it, I guess,, but I think it is well thought out. From their expressions & body language, maybe they just got out of a nasty firefight & have just now sat down. Or they've been retreating for the last six days under frequent attack, and are wondering how much more they can take. In either case, the MG gunner is too tensed up to let go of his gun just yet. And yeah, with a little work, they could be tank riders or POWs,, so I think one or two sets will be about right.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 - 12:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You posted this already:

Why does it matter is the internet running low on space?

No, but site host servers do run out of space. And it is also nice to have all the info together in one article. Or perhaps you would like it if, for example, Life magazine put all it articles in one magazine and all their photos that went with the articles in another. Sure, there's plenty of room on the rack for both. Now enjoy reading them side by side on the subway ride home.
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 - 07:54 PM UTC
I think this would be a good choice for modeling tank-rider German soldiers in Normandy,1944.
steel_tiger1
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2020 - 06:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No, but site host servers do run out of space. And it is also nice to have all the info together in one article. Or perhaps you would like it if, for example, Life magazine put all it articles in one magazine and all their photos that went with the articles in another. Sure, there's plenty of room on the rack for both. Now enjoy reading them side by side on the subway ride home.
REPLY & QUOTE

If that is an issue then I would expect the person in charge could just as easily delete the other one if they wanted to.
There are way to many self-appointed internet police officers on this and many other forums. If you have nothing of value to add to a post or a legitimate question to ask someone, do what I usually do and just move on. As you can see I have been a member here for a long time with a low post count. I read darn near everything that interests me. If I see something I find objectionable I just move past it without commenting. It is really easy to do you should try it sometime. Cheers
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2020 - 07:40 AM UTC
And it seems there are a few forum police trying to get people to not comment on things and just pass on by. My 'question', not policing attempt, towards the OP must have been pretty upsetting to you to get you to make one of your rare comments. However, as you aren't my dad and asking questions is allowed here I feel your post was in vain as I will continue to post what I like as long as it follows site policy.

Have a nice day
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2020 - 11:19 AM UTC
Personally I was a bit puzzled as to why there is the occasional duplication of reviews, etc but largely chose not to comment on it as I -while puzzled- didn't really care. Nice, useful pics of the figures regardless of what others might think; with the ankle boots and gaiters they are late-war so Normandy, etc would be fine. The MG42 gunner can, I believe, do whatever amuses him in regards to his bipod as he's carrying it.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 08:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The guy that carries the heaviest load(the MG 34 gunner) does not put it on its bi-pod(but deploys the bi-pod, that would not be deployed on the march) but sits there hugging the dam thing instead of resting at all. Well thought out. lol.

Apparently pretty common for MG 34 and MG42 gunners.

Even mounted on a tripod the legs were often left extended:

I carried the M60 (interestingly based in part upon the MG42) during the Q Course and often later in 10th Group. Depending upon the terrain I often carried it with the bipod legs extended as well. In cantonment it was also somewhat of a courtesy to stand it up on the muzzle and bipod instead of laying it out to trip over in confined spaces.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 10:21 AM UTC
Well, it has been my fault because I completely forgot this was already announced.

Unless there is important new information, I tend to avoid repeating news.

But in any case I think it is not a big deal and makes no harm ...
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 11:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, it has been my fault because I completely forgot this was already announced.

Unless there is important new information, I tend to avoid repeating news.

But in any case I think it is not a big deal and makes no harm ...

There's really no need to be faulted, no need to apologize for anything its definitly not a big deal.
Really,if there was a duplicate announcement,I never saw the first one,so it was indeed beneficial to at least me.
 _GOTOTOP