_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Dutch military DAF trucks
Robert84
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 09:13 PM UTC
Below photos of some of the finished 4442 4 ton trucks in Olive and Bosnia UN livery.

Also photos of the prototypes of the upcoming YBZ3300 wrecker, YAZ-2300 and the vintage fifties YA-126. All are limited edition full resin kits including decals in scale 1:35.

If you are interested, send me a PM for more info.

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 09:39 PM UTC
Kits to assemble myself or already assembled?
Robert84
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 11:06 PM UTC
They come as allready assembled and painted but they can be taken apart to bits and pieces for more detailing and a fresh paintjob like I did on the 4442s.

Also full conversions are an option, which I'm planning to do with the YAZ2300.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 03:32 AM UTC
Great looking resin, and I love resin kits. Unfortunately a genre I know little about.
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 10:51 PM UTC
If you're a Cold War warrior of a certain vintage you may well remember the YA-126; it seemed to me, back in the day, that whenever on exercise (in Germany) - and we were always on exercise(!) - you'd constantly bump into someone else's exercise, even if only transiting through a certain piece of real estate. I remember passing through a Dutch unit deployed in a village and as always, when one is young, the difference in kit fascinated - or it did me. Everything from weapons to trucks seemed strange and interesting.

I thought these little trucks looked quite purposeful and sufficiently robust. The Dutch soldiers, with their flowing locks also made an impression, but to my indoctrinated British military mind, not nearly as favourable(!)

I'll certainly procure one of these from Robert and have been in touch to that effect. It'll set the scene nicely on one of my Cold War modelling ventures.

Brian
JavierDeLuelmo
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 - 02:23 AM UTC
Love those DAF, specially the big YBZ3300 wrecker and this little brute the YA-126, with its curious H-drive.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 - 03:40 AM UTC
Starting as a young artillery lieutenant in 1976 with a drafted unit, stationed in Seedorf, between Bremen and Hamburg, Germany, we were always “on the road” with our guns or with the staff elements.
The small Daf WEB was a very usefull piece of equipment and could handle all sorts of terrain very well. Next to the army listed equipment it offered enough space for all sorts of “additional” (canned) food and equipment and a certain dry place to sleep.

Since the hair cut was no longer regulated by army law, the long hair problem was solved by a so called “haarnetje” (hair net). Most likely we were the only armed forces world wide which was the only user of this, even in OD executed, net.
However, due to the liberal Dutch attitude, even in the army, my gunners took an honour in being the best during exercises and executed also voluntaraly tasks which were not all part of their formal job. The lines of command were pretty flat and not seldomly all staff members were addressed by their first name after a while without hampering the structure of the line of command.
The best compliment once came from a UK general who decribed us as being the Israelis of the NATO.
Also, the amount of NATO prices, won by drafted units, competing with proffesional soldiers, is impressive.
My experiences as a second lieutenant (wearing a single start on your shoulder) in an US barrack in 1977 was hilarious: no US military guy risked to not let me go first, unaware about the Dutch ranking system, seeing a “STAR”....
It took them almost a week before they understood that a young face of approx. 23 years never could be a general.

To the subject I would like to state that these models are superb.
Only a pitty that they are already assembled. A building model would be preffered by me.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 - 10:13 AM UTC
Probably saw these around Operation Free Lion '88 but I was in the back of a M577 most of the time.

We did use some for a ride to Seedorf for a static display in '89
 _GOTOTOP