_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Old gasser - Isuzu TX-40 complete
Mechworker
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 09:03 AM UTC
Everyone always gravitates to the cool, frontline equipment. It’s the fighters, the bombers and the tanks that get all the attention. However, there are a lot of other people and machines in the background doing what they have to in order to keep those “famous” guys going.

A perfect example is the humble “gas truck” or “fuel tender”. In WWII, there was no aerial refuelling, and it was these guys that kept planes across the world gassed and ready to go. Sadly, despite their undisputed place in the hierarchy of logistical assets, they aren’t very widely known or even much thought about. Not too many people rush to the armour section of a hobby shop lusting for the newest gas truck kit, after all.

So, that’s one of the reasons I was glad to come across, and build, the old Hasegawa TX-40 aircraft fuel tender a couple of years ago. It’s a small but fun kit of an obscure, but undoubtedly important, piece of military history. I had a blast completing it, and you can tell me what you think of it at the link below!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/ships-and-tanks/hasegawa-1-72-isuzu-tx-40-fuel-truck/

_GOTOTOP