_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern Armor
Modern armor in general.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bronco m60 late type tracks thoughts guys?
Richard50
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 06:15 AM UTC
Hi Guys.
Have bought a few golden oldie m60 kits from Tamiya and Esci to detail up a bit.Anyway the Tamiya kit has a set of the later T-142 indy links with it.After getting over the shock of all the part numbers what are your thoughts on them?,They look as pig to put together and any tips or hits are welcome.Ive got some Afv club late ones on order as i tried putting the Esci tracks supllied in the old kit and strewth they are such a pain to even get to stick together and hard to look neat and tidy with gaps everywhere.
Must be a glutton for punishment.
Rich.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 08:09 AM UTC
All Bronco tracks can be a lot of work. However the T97E2 have slightly less clean up than their Sherman and Stuart ones. I have built one set of their T97E2 for a Dragon M48. They do look good. I can't say if they fit the Tamiya or Esci sprockets though - that is a consideration as their AS90 set does not fit Takom's Gepard even though the real vehicles use the same tracks (I spilled glue on the Takom indies and had to replace!). I suggest you test that before shelling out for multiple track sets.

I suggest that you add the guidehorns to the skeletal frame and let them set up. Then do the pad parts later. That way you will not end up gluing pads to the guidehorns and stopping articulation around the sprocket, etc. Be very careful in placing your extra thin glue on the track pad half - you do not want it running into the groove where the rods of the frame fits. I rubbed the just moist glue wick of the Tamiya Thin applicator brush along the outside where the pads join on my set to give a little extra bonding. Even a small amount works into the join and adds a little strength. That was my choice, I am not sure if it was really needed or not.

The tracks will not stand a lot of rough handling, workable doesn't mean you can 'varoom' your model around the desktop

...but are robust enough for normal handling during fitting, painting and weathering.
Richard50
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 04:25 AM UTC
Thanks for your thoughts and tips.Apprciated.
All the best.
Rich
Richard50
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 04:25 AM UTC
Thanks for your thoughts and tips.Appreciated.
All the best.
Rich
 _GOTOTOP