ATF Dingo 2 GE A2 PatSi GECON ISAF
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2020 - 08:01 AM UTC
Hi folks!
Now that my current build, a Bell P-39 Airacobra for the Lend-Lease Campaign, is in the final round, it's time for another project.

My choice is the Allschutz Transport Fahrzeug ATF Dingo 2 GE A2 PatSi from Revell Germany in 1/35. The kit came out in 2013 and was the first Dingo from Revell ....

.... a bunch of 224 parts (in green !!!) want to become a model ....

.... which the 63 steps in the instruction will hopefully lead me to ....

.... Revell offers 4 options (3 x Bundeswehr and 1 x Czech Forces) and I have decided for this ISAF vehicle in the 2 tone Umtarnfarben Sandbeige RAL 1039 and Sandbraun RAL 8031, which is also the box art. As you can see I have already made some remarks about the colours ....

.... the decals are well printed by Cartograph. It's a small sheet and not what I am used to when I build aircrafts ....

.... neither am I a Dingo expert, nor do I have a specific book about the vehicle but I hope these magazines will give me a helping hand from time to time ....

.... the Dingo will be build straight oob. As soon as I have finished the Airacobra I'll start with the Dingo and I would appreciate it if some of you would accompany me along the way with comments and critics.

Happy modelling and stay safe!
Torsten
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2020 - 08:37 AM UTC
I have built the same model with the same references. I found the doors to be warped. I don't remember any other major issues.
You can see my build at my site and probably here as well.

Olivier
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 07:26 AM UTC
Thanks for stepping in, Olivier and your hint about the doors. I just checked parts H104 to H107 and they look okay for me. Maybe you've got a "Monday kit" .... I think about to open one door per side. Looking at the intruction plan it should be possible. Also I have another Dingo in my stash (A3.3 PatSi).

Had a look at your build. That looks splendid! If mine comes out half as good as yours I'll be satisfied with my work.

Torsten
 _GOTOTOP