_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Please consider posting in the new forum
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 02:02 AM UTC
As most of you hopefully know by now the current forums will be closing down and the new forum is up and running so please consider starting new threads in the new forums.
The content of the old forums will be archived but those archives will be read-only (no replying et.c).
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 03:59 AM UTC
oh i'm there baby (said in Austen Powers voice)
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 07:21 AM UTC
Anyway to make posts to the old forums post at the same time on the new one? Not liking the layout much, the poster avatars are a bit much in an already jumbled page. Takes up too much space on a small screen, fine for my desktop but the phone? Not so much. Also how about an ability to change themes or back ground colors? Too much white and a bit too bright.
mogdude
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 459 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 07:24 AM UTC
I am trying to get signed up but no luck confirmation emails not showing up in my email (spam folder checked)
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 08:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... how about an ability to change themes or back ground colors? Too much white and a bit too bright.

Someone else brought that up recently in the new forum. Click on your avatar/user icon, go to ‘preferences’ and select ‘interface’ where you can set the background ‘theme’ to dark. As far as the new UI in general, I really think you’ll grow to like the new KitMaker. HTH
mcevoyi
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 198 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 09:01 AM UTC
The new forum is already driving me nutts

I've tried to sing in .. same user name and same pass word
No conformation email
And now its saying its not reconizing my email address

.. .. ..
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 09:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyway to make posts to the old forums post at the same time on the new one? Not liking the layout much, the poster avatars are a bit much in an already jumbled page. Takes up too much space on a small screen, fine for my desktop but the phone? Not so much. Also how about an ability to change themes or back ground colors? Too much white and a bit too bright.

The easy handling when posting images is worth a LOT, trust me. Simply drag-and-drop an image from anywhere and it is in the post. No hassle, no jumping through 7 hoops to get there. Piece of cake.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 09:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am trying to get signed up but no luck confirmation emails not showing up in my email (spam folder checked)

You have been activated (spoken with a machine voice )
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 09:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The new forum is already driving me nutts

I've tried to sing in .. same user name and same pass word
No conformation email
And now its saying its not reconizing my email address

.. .. ..

I can't find mcevoyi at all, the others that I have assisted across the boundary all had the user basically set up and were just hanging due to the activation e-mail getting sorted in the spam-bin by their friendly e-mail providers.
Did you go through the whole registration process up until the point where you wait for the activation e-mail?
hj1985
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 09:46 AM UTC
Hi Robin

I received your private message saying you have activated my user ID in the new forum. is that user ID "hj1985" I am currently using? I tried to reset my password, but never received the password reset email (searched both inbox and spam). Could you please tell me my pw via private message?
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 10:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Robin

I received your private message saying you have activated my user ID in the new forum. is that user ID "hj1985" I am currently using? I tried to reset my password, but never received the password reset email (searched both inbox and spam). Could you please tell me my pw via private message?

user is hj1985
I can't see or change your password
Try with the one you set when you created the account.
If you get in I suggest setting up a gmail-account to handle e-mails from the forums since it seems as if your e-mail provider has strange ideas on hos to filter spam.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 11:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As most of you hopefully know by now the current forums will be closing down and the new forum is up and running so please consider starting new threads in the new forums.
The content of the old forums will be archived but those arcives will be read-only (no replying et.c).

Would like to but cannot login under current login nor create new one as I never receive the confirmation email despite numerous attempts and it is NOT going into my junk mail
tangodown
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 213 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 12:01 PM UTC
I think some people are under the impression that you sign up with their current Armorama info. You are making a new account! It wont link back to your current account. Eventually your current account is going to be deleted. SO, No your old post score, Rank and awards will not carry over. Just sign up for a NEW account if you still would like to hang out.
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 12:32 PM UTC
So, there's no way to migrate the content of the old forum into the new?
tangodown
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 213 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 12:46 PM UTC
Nope!
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 01:57 PM UTC
[edited] For what it’s worth: I took a screenshot of my meager collection of campaign ribbons. Having tested the new site, I'm pleased to say that I'm totally onboard with the "new" KitMaker Network.

Another thing... I will never miss that pesky little ‘HIDE USER’ button! 😂
Removed by original poster on 10/21/20 - 02:48:19 (GMT).
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 03:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

But just in case, I took a screenshot of my meager collection of campaign ribbons.

This will probably be big thing going forward. A lot of guys have said they signed up to a particular GB just for the award ribbon! (Me, I need the incentive to stop growing the shelf queen collection).

I know the new forum has a section in the user's profile for 'Badges', maybe that could be used for for future GB award ribbons, but linking old award ribbons for every user that migrates across would be an Admin nightmare...
Removed by original poster on 10/21/20 - 03:38:34 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 10/21/20 - 03:39:36 (GMT).
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 04:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The content of the old forums will be archived but those arcives will be read-only (no replying et.c).

Would like to but cannot login under current login nor create new one as I never receive the confirmation email despite numerous attempts and it is NOT going into my junk mail

I have activated your account.
There is a problem with some e-mail services refusing e-mail from specific domains so the e-mails go missing before they even get close to your spam/junk-filters
TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 05:51 PM UTC
Holy !!!

I got da email - in fact I got it many times over!

I don't know if 'Jim fixed it' or me telling Comcast to NOT filter out any spam at all finally tipped it over but it worked dagnamit!

tnker101
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 115 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 08:21 PM UTC
Attempted to create new profile on new forums, never received confirmation e-mail.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 08:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Attempted to create new profile on new forums, never received confirmation e-mail.

The last e-mail was sent 31 minutes ago.
I have activated your account (admin action) so
now you are all set to go.
aybe you should consider setting up a gmail user so that "The System" can reach you in case you need to reset your password. I think there are also subscription features, you get notifications when someone sends you a private message et.c.
hj1985
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 01:54 AM UTC
HI Robin

I tried yahoo, hotmail, gmail. no luck, I never received the password reset or new account registration email, not even in my junk folder. But I did receive email confirmation when I changed my email address.

Also when I tried to login the new forum using my facebook account. I got the error message below:
App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

I think no only me having this issue.
 _GOTOTOP