_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Panzer Art Mercedes LG 3000 Wheels
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 01:19 PM UTC
[ Posted this on new forums, trying old forum in the hope I might get an answer]

I recently bought a set of these for the ICM kit. While they’re very nice, the set includes a little bag containing a couple of things that look like they’re hubs. Except there are only two of the things - the front wheels have the hubs cast in place, and it looks like the rear wheels are meant to use the kit hubs because a) you’d need four of them and b) the rear hubs are molded into the kit brake disk parts. This just leaves the spare wheels, which mount to a couple of posts which have a bracket shaped like a Reuleaux triangle with a hole in the middle, with bolt mounts to fix the wheel to.

I’ve examined the photos and diagrams in the appropriate Nuts & Bolts, and I honestly can’t figure out the purpose of these. Anyone who has actually built the kit using these resin wheels know? I mailed Panzer Art but got no response and, since my first guess was that maybe I was to graft the hubs onto the brake disks, and I was missing two, so I bought a second set, and again just the two hub parts. So it seems there are meant to be two of them - but where are they meant to go? Sometimes I really wish they’d include even a basic instruction sheet…
mligthart
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 46 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2020 - 02:01 AM UTC
Had exactly the same issue with the Panzerart set for the ICM Magirus, in the end decided not to use them as I could not figure out how to actually use the set.

So have not got an answer for you but now you do know you were not the only one.....
 _GOTOTOP