_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
MiniArt: IDF Tank Crew
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 11:24 PM UTC

MiniArt announced a new figure set in 1/35 scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
VintageRPM
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 207 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 02:44 AM UTC
While its nice to have a modern IDF tank crew at a resonable price, and nice to see female tankers represented, be aware that there are no mixed tanks crews. Unless something has changed recently, they are either all male or all female.
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

While its nice to have a modern IDF tank crew at a resonable price, and nice to see female tankers represented, be aware that there are no mixed tanks crews. Unless something has changed recently, they are either all male or all female.

True, but there are female instructors so it's not unreasonable to see a mixed group on a vehicle if you are depicting a training scenario.
hazzardm
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 04:04 AM UTC
Nice to see some IDF figures in plastic... but what about some 1973 one to fit their Tiran kits instead, we just don't have enough YKW or Six Day War figs for either IDF or Arab forces..
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 04:41 AM UTC
I agree with Mark,

There are several sets of modern IDF figures but nothing from the the 50's to the 80's.

Not just with the IDF though. How about cold war era British, German, US & French? There are USSR figures from the same timeframe.

Regards jason
sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 06:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice to see some IDF figures in plastic... but what about some 1973 one to fit their Tiran kits instead, we just don't have enough YKW or Six Day War figs for either IDF or Arab forces..

Hey Mark, Miniart has a set of 1973 crew figures coming soon. It's three tankers celebrating along with Ariel Sharon. Here is a link to them:

MiniArt 37086 Israeli Tank Crew, Yom Kippur War
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 01:41 PM UTC
Nice figure set and it was great to see a woman included though I found the length of her hair a marked disadvantage in the tight confines of a tank and question if it would be allowed to remain that long. Just saying.
jagd654
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 296 posts
Armorama: 280 posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 - 01:13 AM UTC
The tanker reading the Torah will probably be my main reason for getting this set of figures . Just think of all the potential single figure vignettes from using this guy alone . Kudos to MiniArt!
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 - 01:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

CALLSIGN: jagd654

The tanker reading the Torah will probably be my main reason for getting this set of figures . Just think of all the potential single figure vignettes from using this guy alone . Kudos to MiniArt!

agree

VintageRPM
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 207 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 02:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice figure set and it was great to see a woman included though I found the length of her hair a marked disadvantage in the tight confines of a tank and question if it would be allowed to remain that long. Just saying.

Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2020 - 11:03 AM UTC
Isreali armour babes. Cool. And yes, I noticed the long hair; must be tucked-in or it would be a hazard in a tank, I'd think. Still, nice to see. But please, no manufacturer should offer a figure set of them in scanty attire; it is ridiculous and demeaning to service personnel.
 _GOTOTOP