Academy 1/35 M151A1 WIP
stikpusher
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2020 - 04:29 PM UTC
This will be my first WIP on here.

I’m feeling the modeling urge flow again to start a new “quick” build to knock out before the year ends, so I started this little one on Saturday evening.

After two hours I had the engine, suspension/drivetrain, and most of the main basic assembly completed

I should have construction done in a few more days then be on to painting immediately after that...
stikpusher
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 10:55 AM UTC
I only got in an hour or less in at the bench this morning, so some quick work. Based off what I was told regarding inaccuracies in this kit, I sanded the shape of the sides to correct the profile of the rear wheel area

Then I built and added added the radios, antenna mount, and dash area

One more longer session and gluing will be complete. Then comes the fun part... painting!
stikpusher
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2020 - 02:46 AM UTC
So, yesterday afternoon I finished up construction. Aside from a few small parts such as the rear view mirror, which I will add soon.

Based upon some information that I was told elsewhere, the windshield wiper motors have an issue. The motors are molded for the type that both swing left to right and back at the same time. But the blades are molded with the type that meet in the middle on each cycle, so one motor has to be inverted on the backside of the windshield. Which one to address? I opted for shaving off the driver side wiper motor and inverting it. 99.9% of people who see this build will not know any different.

And here with basic construction completed.

Painting starts tomorrow!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2020 - 06:23 AM UTC
Stik,

You should post this in the New Armorama Forums: https://forums.kitmaker.net/c/armorama/6

Hardly anyone checks here now.
stikpusher
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2020 - 07:10 AM UTC
Yeah, I guess that it’s time for me to sign up on the new forum...
 _GOTOTOP