_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Creating a Private Message
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 02:38 AM UTC
I was going to send a PM and went to the PM area to remember that I needed to go to the member list area to find the person I wanted to send it to. Maybe you could add to the PM section a link to the member list or a dropdown list of the members to choose from...

Just a thought!!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 05:57 AM UTC
Brian,
Hmm....I think the system already does something along what you want. If you go to the member list and find the member name, then just click on their callsign and on the next page there is a link to send a private message. Alternately if you are here in the forum you can click the PM link button below each post.

Does this work or did I misunderstand your post?

Also while I am on it did you say that one of your languages is German? I may need some help on polishing up some of the German language interface.

Thanks,
Jim
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 01:00 PM UTC
I think I was a little unclear in my post, but now I understand the function of the Mail Call section better. What I meant to say in my post was when you go into the Mail Call section you see the PMs that have been sent to you, from there it might be a good idea to be able to start a PM without having to go to the Member list.

That was what I meant to say. Having read your reply, I have found that i have overlooked those icons on the messages. I actually haven't seen them, they have been there alright, but I have never payed attention to them!!! Boy do I feel stupid!!

German is not my strongest language. I don't think I can be of any help there, sorry. Werner (forgot what callsign he has) should be able to help you though.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 01:07 PM UTC
Having just noticed the icons, I did an edit! Wow!!!

What I noticed there was maybe the button to submit the edit should say "Submit edit" or something like that. I wasn't sure what was going to happen when I pushed that button, but having used this system a while now I knew the yellow button should be the button to push to finish what I was doing. Yes Jim, I am slow!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 01:28 PM UTC
Brian,
Good call on the edit button. "Update Post" might be better.

Thanks for letting me know about the Language thing. Another poser. In your opinion if I wanted to really attract a second language to the site what should it be. I know there are a lot of modellers (note my double L usage) in Denmark. What'cha think?

Jim
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 02:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

a lot of modellers (note my double L usage) in Denmark

I have to have spell checker where ever I go!!! LOL!

You seem to know something I didn't, a lot of modellers in Denmark?? Do you mean you see a lot of Danish modellers in the ranks of Armorama?? I thought Finland was the permier land for modelling in the Nordic area. But now that you mention it Danish was one of the languages already available when this site went up!!

For personal reasons I thnk it would be awesome to have a great site like this cater to us Nordic crowd. Swedes and Norwegians can read Danish. I read Danish better than I write Danish, but I think these three languages read each other pretty well...speaking is a different story. On the other hand we all do english very well too!! Unfortunately for the Finns they would be excluded from the crowd, although some do speak Swedish. For obvious reasons I think Swedish would be the language to use, but thats just me wanting to become Captain...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 02:23 PM UTC
Brian,
:::yawn::: It's 2:18am here so I am about to (finally) go to bed. I just read an interesting article about American military spending on The Guardian (uk) and let me tell you...a few brits are going to get an earful from several hundred America posters when they wake. Which I guess will be soon.

Anyhoo....The only reason I thought Danish was popular in modeling circles was the sheer number of www.sitename.nl sites (that is Netherlands right?) and also Missing Links has a Danish board. No German board though (thought that was odd).

Have a nice day. Must be cold where you are, no?

Cheers,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP