_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Most of the topics I have started or have posted to are gone!!
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 12:18 AM UTC
I hope you are working with the system, because most of everything I have touched is gone for some reason. I am jynxed
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 12:31 AM UTC
Brian,
Did you get my PM? I thought it was only the 2 you posted earlier in the Svensk forum but if it's more let me know. NOT TO WORRY. I have a complete backup of the database as of 12:00 EST so I can always revert. But of course then everything AFTER that is toast.

Fair warning for today guys! I will be back in a few hours to see if I can clean up my mess. To clarify I accidently deleted 50 or so posts and was trying to restore them. There are some obvious glitches in the system. But it looks like for the most part is ok.

If you are seeing any anomolies let me know.

Sorry about the trouble,
Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 02:55 AM UTC
Jim - this seems to have happened to several posts I made this morning too. Did I go and get myself banned somehow?

Gunnie
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 03:28 AM UTC
Yeah Jim, went back to check on a couple of posts I made and whoooosh!...they're not their either.....Hmmmm. Maybe Jim's just trying to ban us NCO's... (lol)

Tread.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 03:32 AM UTC
Hey.......speakin'of NCO's......I've jumped to a 'three-up' man...how da ya like that! Heyyyy,
wait a minute, didn't they feed the invasion guys ice cream and goodies RIGHT before they sent them away!?! Oh Oh, guess I pissed on the wrong tree....lol.

Tread.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 05:13 AM UTC
Jim,

I got (=saw) your PM after I wrote this topic! I had to delete the topics and type them in again! Which was fine...
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 05:35 AM UTC
Phewww...thought I was the only one to get zapped. I just hope this is an inside job. At least I'm not the only one to "t" Jim off.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 05:51 AM UTC
Lol...If it just the posts from this morning then that's not a catastrophe. I thought perhaps other posts got nixed. I knew when I was doing this that between the time I backed-up the database and re-set the database tables I needed to correct, that some messages might get lost. I am just clueless as to why Brians (which I am sure were in my backup copy) got lost. I guess I am not quite a MySQL expert yet.

Sorry for the inconvienence. I learned a good lesson this time so this won't happen again (I hope).

Now....where is that blacklist??

:-)
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 06:08 AM UTC
My math might be off Jim, but 2400EST is 0600CET. I did most everything I did at 0930CET which is 0330EST. I can't help it if you sleep while I keep on working :-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 06:39 AM UTC
Brian,
That's why I was confused. I saw the (4) posts this morning in the Swedish forum. Then I noted that my other "grand" maintenance work last night went wrong, so I tried to fix it. That's when the "Ooooops" occured.

What I didn't realize was that this BIG long list of posts I was working off of are not in exact numerical order (which I assumed they were) that's why some of your posts disappeard because they were(filled) in some of the spots where Ken has been deleting History Channel posts. So....hey.... it's all Ken's fault!! hehe
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 02:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So....hey.... it's all Ken's fault!! hehe

Ahh yes, the scapegoat scenerio!! (notice the takes one to know one theme :-) )
 _GOTOTOP