_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
PC Warning !!!
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 06:52 PM UTC
I would like to warn all other users of this site of a possible hardware risk :
drooling onto your keyboard can seriously damage its functioning.
This may be the result of prolonged exposure to the new pics of Rob's motorpool that are in the Phot Gallery ! (I had to replace mine already twice this morning !!!)

Seriously, Rob, thanks for the M35A3 pics. I had seen only very few, very bad pictures of it on the web.

I'm sure many of us would trade any holiday for a few hours admiring that toy-shop of yours ! (well, my wife probably wouln't.. Sigh...).

Thanks !

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 08:45 PM UTC
LOL Jan! That M36A3 is virtually brand new and unused. (Evident by the spotless interior and lack of any dents & dings on the exterior). We started training the soldiers on the FMTVs so the old dueces became unnecessary. It is a nice oddity, who knows, 10 years from now someone will say it never existed.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 09:53 PM UTC
Rob,

I have two questions :

1- what is a CTIS reservoir ? Is this installed on all M35A3's ?
2- I'm intrigued about what you said about the M35A3. If I understand correctly the revamping programme to convert A2's to A3's is in full swing, but at the same time other truck types are used instead ? Does that mean the conversion programme is stopped or only limited ? Does it mean that the A3 is indeed a rare sight ? So rare it does not really belong in a correct diorama of modern US army in operations ?

HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 03:17 AM UTC
Another hazard is falling asleep and smashing the monitor, keyboard and chair (on the way to the floor), because you forgot to go to bed...this site is addictive! Rob's motorpool is awesome!!
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 03:21 AM UTC
Brian,

You shouldn't talk ! The other night, when we were chatting, it was two in the morning when we called it a night. I had to get up at six... ouch !

Jan
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 04:27 AM UTC
LOL. Let's not forget the dangers of spending too much time in one place either. I've had many close encounters with "how much longer are you going to be on that $#@!! computer?"
Just kidding...phew!
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 04:45 AM UTC

If it's not the computer, it's modeling.
But when there's a complaint, my mother-in-law whipers "it's always better than having a husband that spends his time at bars and chasing other women".
That beats about any argument, I guess. I admit I try to avoid such close encounters too !

Jan
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 04:56 AM UTC
Jan,

Luckily for me my youngest son got the Chicken Pox so I got to sleep in that morning!!! My wife and I did a tag-team thing, she worked morning and I worked evening - that same night I went to bed around midnight anyway...
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 05:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

1- what is a CTIS reservoir ? Is this installed on all M35A3's ?

It is where the air that controls the Central Tire Inflation System originates from, and yes, it's one of the items that makes an M35-series truck an -A3.

Quoted Text

2- I'm intrigued about what you said about the M35A3. If I understand correctly the revamping programme to convert A2's to A3's is in full swing, but at the same time other truck types are used instead ? Does that mean the conversion programme is stopped or only limited ? Does it mean that the A3 is indeed a rare sight ? So rare it does not really belong in a correct diorama of modern US army in operations ?

The conversion was used by the reserves and national guard to get their aging A2 fleet to last a while longer. I don't know all the politics of the upgrade, but the active Army just went to the FMTV instead of rebuilding their A2s. It would be a rare sight in an Active unit (non-existant) but may be more common in the reserve component.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 05:49 AM UTC

Sorry to have to warn you again, guys (and Penny)...

Rob did it again. He posted a set of new pics about his "motor pool". It looks more like a "dragon's lair" if you ask me !!! :-)

Thanks, Rob !

(I was in the traffic jam this morning. Mind drifting. Maybe scratchbuild a HEMTT... Put all parts in silicone mold, then cast so I have the mother lode of HEMTT basis. Then scratch each and every version of the HEMTT I can find pictures of. OK. It was just an idea !!!)

The Colonel said "Cheer up ! It could be worse". So we cheered up. And it got worse !
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 11:27 AM UTC
Jan,
Where are you coming up with all these quotes? Do you have some program on your computer you are clipping and pasting from??

Jim
 _GOTOTOP