Hosted by Richard S.
T2K: 2005 - U.D.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 05:33 AM UTC
Okay guys, I added the T2K 2005 stuff for a proposed campaign. If interested in it, let your voices be heard.

The theme is Defenso ad Ultimum - "Defend to the last"
Model the last - whatever- from a regular military unit still defending something/doing it's appointed duty. Background stories will be essential.

Of course, I am interested in building for it.

Here are the banner I made and the ribbon proposal. Feel free to use the banner or to propose new banners or ribbons.

And the Ribbon:

Comments?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 09:58 AM UTC
I enlisted this morning Jacques - and am waiting for some more enlistees before moving the Campaign into approved status.

Gunnie
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 10:04 AM UTC
I have just enlisted. I love the sound of this campaign, oh the possibiltys!!!!!!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 11:52 AM UTC
Howdy fellas,

Thx for getting this one started Jacques. Actually, I had started an entry for the '04 version of this Campaign, but (I am really sad to say) I have been wrestling with some very intense marital problems lately.....
I have hesitated to say anything because it is my problem, and because I care so much for you lot, I thought it best to not belabour any of you with it.

I couldn't finish it, tho maybe I'll put it aside for the time being and rethink it's depiction to more properly represent a "Defenso ad Ultimum" setting......

Tread.

Oh, BTW.....for what it's worth, I enlisted.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 12:12 PM UTC
Miss 'ya Gordon! You know you've got friends all over the place here, with open ears and heartfelt wishes for things to all work out for the better! Any one of us is only a short e-mail or PM away...

Gunnie
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 12:34 PM UTC
Count me in on this one too.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 12:42 PM UTC

Thx Pard'..........
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 02:23 PM UTC
Tread PM me with an E Mail Address. Just struggled thru my own thing. If you need to talk.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 02:40 PM UTC
yeesh, sorry to hear so much bad news on the relationship front. Like Gunnie said, help in only a PM/e-mail away.

Maybe my wife can help...she is a minister married to a model freak (you call me a freak like it is a bad thing.) I dunno, maybe counseling through plastic? :-)

Glad to see solid support for this...
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 08:30 PM UTC
Jacques: Interesting. Unfortunately, due to lack of inspiration, both plastic and otherwise, plus a vacancy in the imagination department in my brain, coupled with depression of sort (the year has definitely NOT started right for me), I'll hold off from enlisting in TW2K. Sorry.

BTW, I didn't want to start another thread, so here it is...

AGAIN, regarding the storyline (sorry if you're all tired hearing about this), it ISN'T complete, but I'm tired of doing it and I promised I'd give y'all a copy - finished or not - last year. I failed that one. I intend to make good my promise, so anyone interested, please email me at ATomasCTT (at) gmail (dot) com with the subject "TW2K 2k3-2k4 stories". It's in PDF format, 1.5MB large, and yes there's at least some "substantial" progress from the last draft I sent. HastyP already has a copy. Ask him if it's worth it. Thanks.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 12:05 AM UTC
Alright, I'm in... Loved the last one. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for this one.

Shaun "Tell my mother I died like a hero" Keenan
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:25 AM UTC
GIB - you know we're all here for you too! The modeling biorythym has peaks and valleys - when you get the urge to jump in - we'll be here!

Gunnie
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 05:20 PM UTC
Still looking for more entrants...we got 7 so far. 3 more to get it official?
SkyWrench
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 05:53 PM UTC
I'm in! This sounds like it will be a lot of fun!
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 12:10 PM UTC
We seem to be stuck at 8 entrants...

Come on troops this campaign is a blast (showing my age with that phrase). Seriously, it is a lot of fun. A chance to forget rivet counting and take a shot at what could have been/could be.

A Sherman with a 105mm L7A1 (M60 series cannon I think), or a T72 with a laser, maybe a SUPER M1 variant? Not much in the way of restrictions, just keep it possible- maybe a Cessna with a .50 cal, or a Ultralight with M240??

IMAGINATION!! Let it go and have FUN!!

Jim
Trisaw
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 11:52 AM UTC
OK, I'm in. I already built my T2K4 entry (sci-fi Humvee in my Gallery), so I figured I have all of 2005 to paint it and come up with a "Last Man Standing" story.

So what reason do I have to pass up :-)?
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 04:29 PM UTC
Peter;

Maybe a collaborative Michigan story is in order...last defense of the Mackinac Bridge?? The last troops at Camp Grayling?? The defense of the Zilwuakee Bridge??

What do you think?? Maybe the spirit ofthe "Wolverines" from Red Dawn, being as how they stole OUR namesake!

And oh ya- We Got TEN!! Are we official??
Jim

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:41 AM UTC
Yeah, I think 10 members equals money...G. :-)

Anyone building yet?
SkyWrench
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 60 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 09:44 AM UTC
Sweet. I have my backstory just about done, and I think I'll get started this weekend. Man this is gonna be cool.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 11:29 PM UTC
Jaster,

:-) I haven't been around Michigan FAR enough to see what you're talking about. COLD here...defend the cold? :-)
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 04:56 PM UTC
Peter,

When you look at the map there are a few locations for a "last stand". And YES it is cold!

Camp Grayling is the largest (physically) militray installation west of the Mississippi. There are chances for a lst stand there...the Rouge Complex, once the bastion of American industry, could be a last stand, the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit & Windsor, Ontario. There are others...

But yes it IS cold this winter!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 12:32 AM UTC
Last Stand scenarios?

While thinking of an "arching story line" for a future TW2K campaign theme, I made a scenario where, after the nuke exchange and a coup d'etat in Mexico, an authoritarian/nationalist Mexico launches an invasion of the southern USA, with Texas getting the full brunt of the assault. Somewhere in south of Houston or Dallas, the Texans managed to organize a brigade or battalion-sized unit equipped with all sorts of equipment to do a stand against the Corp-sized (two or three divisions) unit of the Mexican Army - or something to that effect. A "second Alamo" if you will....

I think I still have that draft in my office PC. If so, I'll post that here if anyone's interested.
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 11:33 AM UTC
GIB,

I'd love to see it. Reading other's stories gets the mental gears going and is always entertaining.

I'm hoping to get a draft, or the outline at least, done this weekend to frame up my "last stand".

Hmmmm...looking for a kit or 2 to build upon as well...Still contemplating a SUPER Guntruck setup, but haven't seen any HEMMT kits in the stores for some time and am usually to lazy to go the Internet/ Ebay route.

Jim
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 11:58 AM UTC
Jaster,

I think what's needed (at least for me) is a background story because I haven't a clue what Twlight 2000 is about. Yes, I can search online, but how would I know what is the OFFICIAL version of T2K?

I asked this for T2K4 and the briefing was this. The Cold War started in Korea (?), encompassed the world, a few nukes were exchanged around the world, all the official militaries collasped, and roving bands of nationalistic armies are fighting all over in any vehicle they can find and soup-up. Almost every land got invaded by foreigners.

My questions are:

* Fighting for what? Peace? Government? Surrender? Survival? Status Quo?
* Are the armies just fighting or was there a draft and almost every citizen is in arms?
* What nukes were exchanged? ICBMs, tactical nukes like SCUDS, or small artillery/airplane nukes? I need to know how much damage the T2K world sustained.
* How is the landscape? Is the world like Terminator...totally wasted but with technology...Mad Max, totally stone-aged with no technology, or Independence Day where only major cities are wasted?
* Are there any governments left?
* Is the whole world at battle or only certain areas like L.A. in Terminator.
* How are the armies like? Mad Max and Terminator human rabble, or pretty sophisticated since many areas survived.
* And what remains in terms of firepower? Do nations still have their ICBMs in silos? Is this a conventional fight, limited nuke fight, limited chemical/biological fight, or anything goes.
* Is the technology after the nuclear war more futuristic like Terminator 3, or backdated like Sky Captain, World of Tomorrow.

So some background will definitely help me design warmachines for the T2K world. I may do something else besides my Humvee.

Thanks.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 12:09 PM UTC

"..........haven't seen any HEMMT kits in the stores for some time ......."

Interesting you mention this Jaster, because I was noticing the very same thing over the past couple of months........has this kit gone into retirement?

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP