_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
about the 1/8 panther
CaptainBob
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 11:06 AM UTC
i was curious about the 1/8 panther photos in the photo gallery. can someone tell me who makes this kit? is it all metal? i have always wanted to do a beast like that.

i posted a similar question on my regular hangout, missing-lynx, but by message has been removed. i generally just lurk there and have seen that happen before but seeing it happen to my post was rather disturbing.

any info would be appriciated. this site is really nice!

captainbob
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 11:09 AM UTC
CaptainBob, welcome to the site and to a better one if I may add. You can rest assured your posts won't get deleted here...especially in regards to just trying get some information.

If I'm not mistaken that kit is scratchbuilt.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 01:52 PM UTC
Hmm....I thought he said something about it being a kit. Of course my guess would be that this thing is made in such limited numbers (and partly by hand) that it might as well be scratchbuilt.

Bob - If trackpin (the builder) doesn't post here soon to clear this up I will email him and ask. It's a heck of a model though. Much more realistic and the government would have them outlawed.

Oh...posts removed on ML? shocking!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2002 - 05:03 AM UTC
Confirmed. It is indeed a kit. From a Russian maker apparently.

Trackpins has given me more pics to upload and will provide us with a build article when it's finished (eta: June). And he has updated the current pics with captions!

Thanks Trackpins!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2002 - 05:17 AM UTC
Howdy CaptainBob! And a warm welcome to the best armour site on the web. Did you notice that the site Admin. (Jim) also answered your query right away? The members here simply can't be beat.
As to your question about the large scale Panther. Here's a site that deals in large scale armour. They are indeed in Russia. Never bought from them, so I can't, unfortunately vouch for their integrity. But check it out!

http://www.interdacom.ru/~tanks/

Tread.

Always

P.S. They also have a 1/6th scale Eskander-E!
CaptainBob
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2002 - 05:58 AM UTC
all,
thanks for the welcome! it certainly is nice to get such a positive response. i think all my questions were answered on this one as even trackpins himself emailed me to fill me in.

he has certainly done a great job thus far on an obviously challenging project. kudos!

treadhead, thanks for that link too. it does indeed look like the kit.

bob
trackpins
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 03:01 AM UTC
Hi Bob,

It is the 'kit' that you refer to. A little different to mine though! I have just started writing the article on how I rebuilt/modified it. Should make interesting reading for those east of the Urals!

Best wishes.

Trackpins
 _GOTOTOP