Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 04:25 PM UTC
So...

Who's started their T2K 2005 edition??

I've got mine planned out in my head...A ragtag group of National Guard, Reservists and civilian volunteers have came together after the nuclear conflagration and defended an untouched section of America, located in mid Michigan, from the ravages of a powerful gang that ruled the cities of southern Michigan.

Now they are defending the Mackinaw Bridge, a route to the industrial heartland of America. The original force of several hundred, now numbering less than 100, are all that stands between the marauding Russians coming from the north and the still relatively intact industrial cities of Michigan.

The last M1A1 is one of the final defenders of the bridge...winter is fading and the chance of renewed attacks from the north are rising. This last defender is in a concealed hull down position...in a resort motel pool.

So, that's my storyline in a nutshell. Now I need to commence building!

More to come.

Jim
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 05:20 PM UTC
Ok Jaster, i have been working on mine.

Here is a hint (I want to keep stringing you guys along, I am so mean!) :-)

Units of the 200th Infantry Division (Light, Arctic) comprised of select members of Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Michigan National Guard units, were sent to Antarctica to guard sensative (read black ops) equipment. The two understrength companies had about 300 soldiers when they arrived. They now have 27 men and women. They have completely destroyed or captured 1 Soviet Artic Brigade, 1 Soviet Special forces Platoon, 1 Mi-4 helicopter, 1 Argentinian Arctic Company, and 2 pirate ships based on whalers. They no longer have prisoners. They still have control of the equipment they were sent to protect, and they do NOT have contact with anyone other than their own unit.

How is THAT!
:-)
Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 361 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 05:38 PM UTC
I've started my already. short story line. Following the nuclear war, the invasion of, the defeat, and division of most of the USA. A call went out seeking any and all former servicemembers to establish small groups of resistance and fight for freedom.

A small group founded and lead by a retired Light FIghter and combat veteran of the 7 Infantry Division Light answered the call. A year had gone by where they had conducted many raids, ambushes, etc against the hords of warlords and gangs operating in their area. Finally after suffering the lack of many comforts of home, they came across an old partially standing farm hosue with an Outhouse and a major stash of toiletpaper.

After a quick vote they decided that having a real roof opver their heads, a toilet and not a cathole, and real toiletpaper over weighed any possible risk. Thus it became their base camp to conduct all further oeprations.

Currently, I've completely building the outhouse from the frame out. The dio base is the rough form. The stone walls for the basement of the farmhouse has been laid. My next step is to draw out the blueprint of the house and build it just like a real house. Floor joist, 2x4 framing, etc.

Followinmg that will be locating the figures, and other assorted pieces of equipment needed. I.E. weapons, cooking equipment, many rolls of toiletpaper. :-) :-)
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 04:32 PM UTC
Now we're talkin'

Its' the stories that make it come alive...There have to be some more ideas rattling around out there, we want to hear them!

Now I gotta get building!

Jim
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 2,654 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 01:25 AM UTC
I have been following this campaign wit interest and thought about 51st fnqr having been based in Nothern qld where the only invaders used to be illegal fisherman - now they are the front -line they have found an old Certurian tank that used to be outside a fruit shop and have retro fitted weapons - mor to follow as build is produced
Ian
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 02:10 AM UTC
SOunds good. I am looking forward to seeing the "expediant armed" centurian from the fruit stand...is this thing going to have a pig thrower? :-)
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 2,654 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 01:33 AM UTC
No Smoke dischargers that throw manderines
and friut boxes on the back lol
Might do camo as aboriginal art
Davester444
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 850 posts
Armorama: 548 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 01:43 AM UTC
I've got mine planned and started. An M1A1 Abrams and an understrength infantry squad fighting to the last to defend the wasteland near what's left of Fort Knox. I've started the tank, and painted two of the figures. Might start the groundwork today, as well.
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 05:45 AM UTC
I best get this project in motion. I have over-committed myself to Campaigns. The good news out of that is I can be working on different builds while paints dires, etc...well thata's what I'm telling myself anyhow.

I'll finish the Quiet Professionals Campaign soon...then on to Armorama 500, Caprure Aidide (sp?), T2K 2005. Shouldn't be bored!

Jim
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 05:58 AM UTC
I'm finished, with a re-built Land Rover Mechanic's rig and a race to fix an Armored Railcar with a blown set of bearings.
Ach, you've all seen it. Why am I telling you again?

Cuhail
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 06:12 AM UTC
I joined today to this campaign, cause i wanna get some backround about the game first. But i couldn´t find info about Latin America, only general info about USA, Europe, Africa and Middle East. So this is my project´s argument, if you can check it and make some corrections, i´ll be happy! So
here we go, i´ll post some photos when i get a camera.

The Last Copper Mine, My entry for T2K Campaign
M41ECH, updated with L7 105mm gun.

During the initial stages of WWIII, the Chilean Army used against Soviet supported Peruvian Army ex-Dutch Leopard 1V and French AMX-30 MBT. During the long and costly battles in the Atacama Desert against Peru, the Chilean Army started to run out of tanks, with the addition of constant terrorist attacks made by chilean communist guerrilla. Having some surplus turrets and 105mm guns coming from damaged Leopard and AMX-30 tanks, and thanks to the experience aqcuired in the difficult 70´s decade thanks to the American weapons embargo, the chileans started to rebuilt their old equipment with the help of Israel and South Africa. One of the most clever additions were the remanufacture of the turret to fit the reliable british L7 gun into a M41 light tank, the ones were later renamed M41ECH (ECH for Ejercito de Chile, Chilean Army). They also added indigenous thermal image equipment, side skirts coming from a M113A1 APC, shield for the tank commander operated M-2 heavy machine gun, change of gas engine for a diesel one, adition of cargo baskets and other stuff.
Having won the war with Peru, but with most of military equipment damaged and with no posibility of getting spare parts from France and Germany, and with the difficult mission of protectiong the last working copper mine in the world, known as La Escondida (The Hidden), the last refurbished M41ECH of the Armored Cavalry Regiment “Granaderos” (Grenadiers) it´s outside of the copper mine waiting the final assault of ex-peruvian soldiers and local marauders, who are ready to pillage this last solitary desert outpost.

Wow, writing this story in English was complicated, hope that´s exciting enough!
Thanks for looking!, waiting your comments
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 07:47 AM UTC
Just noticed that there is now a campaign gallery for T2K(2005) - only problem is that it doesn't show on the drop down list of avalable galleries. Can someone with the ability to change set-up criteria check to see if the gallery is open to all to post into? I have my entry in my own gallery and would like to move it into the proper place.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:58 AM UTC
I'm a little unclear on the concept. As I see it the theme is like a hodge podge ficticious unit on their last stand defending their last remnants of their property.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 12:08 PM UTC
maybe the campaign leader could clarify to everyone if our ideas posted here are right or not.......i think i get the general concept, or may be not.....who knows!
please God, illuminate all of us! :-)
best regards
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 12:34 PM UTC
I have finished three vehicles so far. the concept is the same as it has been since 2003. If you go to the campaign section you will find the 2003, 2004 and the current 2005 headings that you can read up on. Here is a link to 2005. https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=63 The best thing about this campaign is that you can build anything from what ifs to reviving old "Museum" pieces to fight or fly, or sail in or what ever. Let your mind thin outside the box and have fun. Here is the link to the campaign section where you can post your finished projects. Make sure your logged in and I don't think you will have any problems. http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/14694
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 12:37 PM UTC
The 2003/4 campaign are here. https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcampaigns&secid=1
They are listed under General modeling. Hope this will help.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 02:12 PM UTC
Thanks Dave, helps alot, now i´m gonna continue the building of my dio.
best regards
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 02:14 PM UTC
I'm not the Campaign Leader, but these stories seem consistent with the Spirit of T2K 2005. I sure hope so, 'cause mine takes place at a resort, in a pool...

And I am having a hard time getting the whole pool thing to happen... It seemed so easy in my head at first but as I plan out the reality- hmmmmm.

Jim
dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 02:40 PM UTC
Thank God IT IS ALIVE! :-) :-) :-)
Best regards!
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 04:22 PM UTC
Ok, the campaign leader is here, for what it is worth...

First of all, the overall grand "strategic" theme of this set of campaigns is to promote the idea of Twilight 2000 and the freedom to model what you would like to see, both what-if and what-is. This is a good set of ground-rules, in my mind.

Anyhow, this year I jumped out to lead this unruly gaggle and thought a nice theme would be to orient more on the vestiges of the "regular" army and heroic last stands or even more heroic "last stands won at great cost." The idea, as listed in the campaign briefing, is to promote things like the last chinese tank defending a hole in the Great Wall, the last JDF destroyer protecting Iwo Jima, or even a Argentinian A-4, with two iron bombs and half a load of fuel, on a repaired tarmac waiting for the call to defend what is left of the country yet again.

And it seems to be a pretty good idea!

Now, thanks for getting this jumped back up. I will dust off what I started and finish it soon!
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 07:01 PM UTC
I wanna join too I wanna join too!!!! I love what-ifs and I adore post apocalyptic theme. But I have a problem. WHAT IS T2K? Is it a novel? Is it a game of some sort? Is it a movie? Or just the personified name of the general themal concept?
dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:32 PM UTC
Hallo Yalym, i had the same problem as you, check the reference posts placed above by Jim, they´re cristal clear.
Best regards
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 08:47 AM UTC
I just joined last week.

Now all I have to do is think up a story, write my story, find a kit and build it so it fits. Or vs. versa.

Good thing I waited till there was 10 wk's. left in a year long campaign.

KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 10:11 AM UTC
Hi, Y2K -2K FIVE,
I thought up a story today and want to join in on this one.

Adak, Alaska.

Navy Seabees defend the second to the last Navy Submarine and Marine Amphibious port of the North Pacific / Bering Sea region, now charted as the Pacific Bering Vertebrate. The marines are deployed off shore defending oil rigs and are too busy to support the few left on port. CBEOs (Equipment Operators) and CBMUs (Maintenance Units) have retro-fitted local utility vehicles for these defense purposes.

Full Untethered Remote Control (FUnTRC), via satellite, Armored Wagon from a general mining tractor. Used now for road block / checkpoint disruptions and distractions as well as surveilance duties.

The invaders: Norths Elves.
REASON: all world cultures on earth have unanimously concluded that Kristo Claus aka Kringel does not exist! Therefore leaving the elves powerless in their ancient time long legacy of psycops. And they are pissed...

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 06:03 AM UTC
I will be building an M3 scout car This one will be part of a Pennsylvania National Guard unit The owner is a member of that unit It will be armed with Mk19 40mm grenade launchers

It will be painted in a field drab/earth red fall camo It's mission is to protect the farmlands in the Lancaster county area
 _GOTOTOP