OP Canuck Steel..Where you at?
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hey Guy's,
I was just curious where everyone was in there builds. I have pretty much completed painting my SHerman V. I am just finnishing up the figures and the base to go along with it. I have decided to put into a dio so I will be able to hone my figure painting skills. I will get some pics up ASAP. I just noticed we dont have a group Association in the forums, I will ask Jim about that.
Cheers,
Bryan
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 02:30 AM UTC
Not even started. Trying to finish something Swedish right now.

Paul
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 614 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Guy's,
I was just curious where everyone was in there builds. I have pretty much completed painting my SHerman V. I am just finnishing up the figures and the base to go along with it. I have decided to put into a dio so I will be able to hone my figure painting skills. I will get some pics up ASAP. I just noticed we dont have a group Association in the forums, I will ask Jim about that.
Cheers,
Bryan

Hi Bryan,
I expect a lot of people will want to start posting pictures soon. My Cougar is well underway. I've already asked about the group association in the forum. I'll certainl;y need it to collate the results of the build. I guess Jim is real busy building models! If we both harrass him, maybe he'll get around to it! (Remember everyone is a volunteer)
cheers
Paul
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 715 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 05:27 AM UTC
Got my quad built, bren carrier underway (both need paint). Have the figures and building assembled waiting for paint and will start the M577 shortly as soon as I can get a few more pics of the interior and radio racks.

As soon as I can find the charger for my camera, I'll have pics.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 06:32 AM UTC
Here is my Canadian Sherman Ic Hybrid in the traditional Canadian spare track link supplemental armor configuration.

I am done except for reducing the wear on the chevrons of the track used as armor. Plus, weather permitting, I'd like to take a better pic outside.

thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 06:55 AM UTC
Hmmm ....errrhhh well ummm not started yet here ...unless we had initial Tiger I's ....(didn't think so..lol) But I will get to it as soon as I finish this Tiger and errhhh that M4A3 I put on my work table...Got to get to it soon...Still have to decide what to build ...

Rick
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 09:01 AM UTC
Finishing my Ardennes build. But hope to start my firefly in the next week or two.

HastyP
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 09:13 AM UTC
I was sort of interested in this campaign but did not officially commit to it (for fear I would not have time to finish). I had acquired a kit I assumed appropriate, the Esci 1/72 Leopard 1A3/A4. The kit I have is pictured in the below link and on the far right side of the webpage. It had a big black maple leaf so I made an assumption it was a CDN vehicle.

Is it an approriate kit and if so is there anything that needs to be done to it to make it more accurate? According to the article, the Canadians used the Leopard 1A3. The article goes on to say the Esci kit needs to have the "Commander's Gunsight Housing" removed to make a true A3.

(Note: this link will take you to a 1/72 scale Leopard 1 review site.)
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 03:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was sort of interested in this campaign but did not officially commit to it (for fear I would not have time to finish). I had acquired a kit I assumed appropriate, the Esci 1/72 Leopard 1A3/A4. The kit I have is pictured in the below link and on the far right side of the webpage. It had a big black maple leaf so I made an assumption it was a CDN vehicle.

Is it an approriate kit and if so is there anything that needs to be done to it to make it more accurate? According to the article, the Canadians used the Leopard 1A3. The article goes on to say the Esci kit needs to have the "Commander's Gunsight Housing" removed to make a true A3.

(Note: this link will take you to a 1/72 scale Leopard 1 review site.)

Hi Rob
A Leopard C1 is essentially at 1A3 welded turret with a Low Light TV mounted on the left side of the mantlet. The left side of the turret is a bit different as well. A bit finicky in 1:72 but not impossible. You will need aN FN MAG for the MG. Will be on leave on Thursday and will scan a few photos for you.
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 03:55 PM UTC
Sigh...still deciding on what to do...I have too much on my plate in the next couple of weeks with me and the missuss small business and show coming up...oh well more reading, more research...

Cheers, Michael
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 04:22 PM UTC
Howdy fellas,

I suppose this is as good a thread as any to pose this question of mine, but, I was curious about any suggestions all of you might have for a potential Canadian entry that is available in 1/72nd scale?

Tread.

Post Script: Again Shermies cranks out yet another Sherman at the speed of light!....
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 06:59 PM UTC
TreadHead, for OOB, I would suggest the Revell Germany Biber (Leopard Bridgelayer). Pick up a set of Quartermaster's decals, and you are set. For a Leo C1 or C2, you'd have to do some additions/modifications to Italeri's 1A3 (as mentioned previously) or the R-G Leo 1A5 (for a C2). Or maybe Ace will release the Cougar/Grizzly/Husky series soon.
Myself, I have the hull pretty much done on my 1/35 Leopard C2, now on to the turret.

Cheers,
Jim
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 02:17 AM UTC
[quote]Howdy fellas,

I suppose this is as good a thread as any to pose this question of mine, but, I was curious about any suggestions all of you might have for a potential Canadian entry that is available in 1/72nd scale?

Tread.

[quote]

You could also do a Leopard 1A2 straight out of the box based on the old Esci kit if you find one. this was the interim tank in between the Cent and the Leo C1.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 10:02 AM UTC
I will probably convert the DML M4A2 into an M4A2E8 Should be an easy conversion Now to see if Quartermasters will take a money order I asked last month but got no reply
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 10:07 AM UTC
Well I see we now have a group thread, so lets start seeing some more in progress pics!
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 10:43 AM UTC
Once I receive the hull & turret parts from Bryan (ex-royal) I can enter this campaign with a D-day M4A2 of the Sherbrooke Fusiliers. Info from another site tells me that they were fitted with wading gear for the landing, so it'll have that fitted. Other mods will be the aplique armour on the hull & turret as I also beleive that the Sherbrookes vehicles were fitted with this. The duckbill tracks may well also have been fitted for the landings over soft sand.
I have the unit markings, but not the landing stencils and the individual CT................ number, so I hope that you'll accept it as a representative vehicle rather than an exact replica of just one?
The model will be a conversion from the Academy M4A2 US Marines kit.
pongo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 7 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 10:10 AM UTC
i am trying to get my pics up but am having a few technical difficulties
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 07:42 PM UTC
Sherman III of the Sherbrooke Fusiliers (D-Day with wading stacks) will be primed and painted today.
Firefly 1c (welded hull) of the Fort Garry Horse is next up and I have a Tamiya universal carrier that I may convrt to a T16.
cdnkit
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 170 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 02:22 PM UTC
Hi guys,
Here is some progress pics of my first(?) entry:
An ambulance jeep in service with the 22 Field Ambulance, RCAMC, Normandy June 1944.The base kit is the Italeri ambulance jeep. The set up for the stretcher support is different on canadian ambulance jeeps than the one proposed in the kit. So i build them using brass rods.
More to come...

rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 648 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 02:45 AM UTC
Well since I have that setback on my C2 I decided to tackle my Cougar. Hull is done turret is about 50% completed. It should be ready for paint next week. I did it as an early Cougar with the solid stowage bin on the turret since that is how they looked when I was in the service. It will get the then standard 3 color camo since I like that look and my C2 is of course all green.

I might tackle another entry perhaps a Sherman or Centurion I will see as I have a couple of other projects I want to get going on.

For those looking for the 1/72 ACE Canadian stuff the Grizzly is listed as available but I don't know of a US dealer.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 05:25 AM UTC
All of my planned entries are now completed. Might just find something else before the finish date though!
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 06:04 AM UTC
My Chevy 15 cwt is just about done. I finished painting it last night. Now for markings and weathering.

... I probably won't get to it again until next week -- the weather's nice and the fish are biting!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 06:20 AM UTC
LOL ..Bob ..here the snow banks are still melting and the lakes are frozen... :-)
I've pulled out both My Sherman Vc and Ic kits ...I not sure which one to tackle first and might end up doing both at the same time ...

Rick
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2005 - 05:11 AM UTC
Haven't started anything. I still have 2 Campaigns to finish.
But I'm gradually working on my references and checking my "shopping list" for my Bison project. The first plan was to use a Esci LAV kit but it needs a lot of work,being underscale. So, my best bet is to use the Italeri LAV Mortar Cariier well It's stil needs a lot of scratchbuilding, but we'll see...
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 545 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 02:21 PM UTC
My C2 and my Cougar are done.I'm just need to get pictures(dead batteries).My fitter just needs some small details added.
Will post pics soon.
 _GOTOTOP