Hosted by Richard S.
T2K Sharper and Better Photo update.
Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 361 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 05:45 PM UTC
Made a deal with the wife, I got a new 4 meg digital camera and my wife got a registered Pembroke Welsh Corgi male pup, for future breeding. While these better photos are late, but I hope you all enjoy them.

Short background on the construction. First the scale is 1/35 The figure is just to show the scale. It's a Tamiya figure. All the wood used is the approximate size. Obtained them from a Railroad hobby shop in Rolla, Missouri.

The roof on the house and the outhouse is heavy gauge aluminum foil, scribed with a dull pencil. Both buildings are built from the frame out, just like the real ones. I did cheat on the clapboard siding, its prescribed from the manufacturer. THey're painted using artist acrylic paint used for ceramic figures.

My mother contributed the two rolls for the outhouse. My wife thinks I should add some reading material to the outhouse, ie a Playboy magazine cover:-) :-)

Hope you like them. All comments and recommendations are welcomed.

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 01:47 AM UTC
The photo's are not late...we got till December remember?

Anyhow, sorry to hear you had to trade a camera for dog. Oh well, it is better than a child. (Can you tell this Dad has been around his ankle-biters for a bit too long this week?) :-)

The buildings look really good. All the hard work of building them properly shows off. I especially like the look of the outhouse, even if it seems a bit too clean.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 06:23 AM UTC
Hey you are lucky ..my camera cost me a Horse!! :-)
The out house looks great ..Love the spare roll .. As for the house ..is it me or is it kinda small...unless you are just showing the entrance.. Hey it looks great just a bit small for 1/35 scale.

Rick
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 02:55 PM UTC
Looks good!

Good storyline too. Playboy magazine...now that would be something to defend as well in the T2K world

Jim
Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 361 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 04:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As for the house ..is it me or is it kinda small...unless you are just showing the entrance.. Hey it looks great just a bit small for 1/35 scale.

It's just a small portion of the house, which will rest on cellar with walls of real stones and will be located on one of the edges of my dio. It's basicaly about 10 scale feet.
 _GOTOTOP