Hosted by Richard S.
State of the U.S.A.?
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 12:32 PM UTC
I have the Armorama T2K story, but haven't had the time to thoroughly read it all, and thus I can't remember what I've read months ago.

I need to know the state of the United States post T2K. I recall someone said the Russians invaded into Texas from Mexico, airdropped into the Midwest, and that the nuclear war devastated most of the urban centers.

Is there any U.S. military bases, cities, ports, or large areas (such as states) left untouched? (If one can give the page numbers to read about this in the Armorama T2K story, that'd be great!). Are there any foreign allies or non-Russian enemies operating on U.S. soil?

I don't want to start writing my story thinking it's the Garden of Eden when in fact the area looks like downtown L.A. in Terminator 2! :-) Thanks!
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2005 - 04:39 AM UTC
Hiya Trisaw,

Basically, if you saw "The Postman", you have the idea of the state of the US. If not, basically, anything that could have been nuked, was. There is nothing other than limitaed local control of anything...I do not believe there is much of anything for a Govt. above something like County level, at least not in much more than name. However, there is some sort of "national" entity remaining as many of the game mods revolved around "your group" being given orders to do this, that, or the otherthing in the name of the nation or some such.

Yeah, I'd prettymuch say that LA is long gone...places that had less than 50,000 people have a chance of remaining, but not much higher. I doubt ANYTHING of military use is left, as far as bases go, unless they were erected after the war started and were well hidden from surveilance.

I have had the idea that the local National Guard stored a large amount of war materials and comsumables in something like a abondened mine or delapidated building that would not attract much attention, then they promptly "forgot" about the place, or the unit was removed before they could speak of the cache...etc.

Hope that helps!
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2005 - 10:11 AM UTC
Hi Jacques,

Thanks for the info. Do you know where the Russians are then (in what states) and how far they penetrated? Is the real enemy the Russians or just local militias/armies looting in a viligante scenario?
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 01:50 AM UTC
The way I understand the setup of the game, is as follows:

Russians: Came across Bering Strait, went through Western Canada, stopped in either Washington or Oregon. some units became marauders.

Cubans, commie mexicans, commies from the south: Invaded all along south US border. Did not penetrate beyond initial states they invaded. In the end, units on both sides pretty much annihilated. Area with a LOT of marauders, warlords, etc... I do not remember, but Texas may be a independant country again...

I am sure you could add any Russkies you wanted to any specific place with a good story.
 _GOTOTOP