Hosted by Richard S.
T2K Oh Five! On my way!
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 12:47 AM UTC

The 3rd Amoconian Rail Battalion responded to a call from the besieged Free Army of Illinois, Shiloh Co. for artillery support close to the Wisconsin border at Lake Michigan. The 3rd ARB rolled out the last two undestroyed railcars: "Barbara"' a 43' howitzer carriage and "Niamh (nee-iv)", a 60' railcar with 2 M1 turrets, to shell the enemy. Mission accomplished! On the way home however, "Barbara" developed a bad case of thrown bearing and had to halt about 2 miles from base, in Rondout, Illinois.

The problem is this, She's stuck out in the open! With random regular troops wandering around, her location could be reported and satellite weapon platforms could easily reduce the trains to scrap metal. She needs a new bearing set and she needs it NOW!

Enter Myrtha Kairo, The 3rd's Chief Engineer and the only one who can do the fix on-site. Her Land Rover, aquired from a collector who didn't need it anymore, keeps all the tools she needs to fix the problem! can she do it in time though! She's on her way!

This is my T2K2005 entry.

I am not working on this truck anymore, I'm done! DONE, I tell's ya! Maybe on the dio base,but, not the truck!

Hope this qualifies!
Cuhail
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 2,654 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 01:03 AM UTC
Your mad my friend but I have met my match I only have an oscale layout inhabited by Orks and Teddy bears, building one at present with a dragon
ian
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 02:51 AM UTC
NIce job Cuhail...except, unless I am wrong. there are no hunter-killer satellites in T2K...as far as I know. Of course, the 3rd may not believe that... :-)

Anyhow, where is the female figure from?

You may also want to post in the "finished" folder at the top of the forum, unless you are going to work on the diorama aspect of this.
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 02:58 AM UTC
What an awesome model! Love those working headlights! Very nice detailing!

Go fix it, Myrtha!!

Paul
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 03:23 AM UTC
Thanks Guys!

Fanai: I've seen your work with Bears, impressive! I love Dragons so I'll look for the fig in the future.

Jacques: They don't know, yet they do assume there are space-bourne weapons that can be targeted to eliminate ground targets.
The figure itself came from our friend Gino Quintilliani (HeavyArty) with whom I traded for a kit. I think it's a Verlinden Helo Pilot.
As for the "finished thread" I thought I should just label this T2K05 and declare "FINISHED!!"

Paul: Thank you!

Cuhail
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 04:11 AM UTC
Great job Murphy. Don't forget to post the photos in the Campaign section. Your vehicle to run as a scout for the Fla Militia on it's way to Michigan to run supplies to our fighters there.
G-Frog
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 - 03:17 AM UTC
good job!, it seems more realistic in photos than in real life....odd. I like the working headlightgs, and can attest to the fact that they look very nice in the dark.
Does this mean that now that you are done I get my honey back at night

I am proud but where is the motorcycle you were talking about?

Gigi
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 - 05:02 AM UTC
Still in the mail. and "no". :-)

Cuhail
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 - 09:48 AM UTC
Murphy,
She turned out great, truck looks good too. Only constructive comment I have is that there is too much silver on it for my tastes. I would have done the gear in more common colors. For example (in below pic), Oxy/Acetaline set would look better with green and yellow bottles and corresponding hoses. Tool box better in a classic red. Sand rails a rusty, dark metal or OD color. Looks great, just too much of the same colors for me. Truck might look better in a faded green (for a military background), or faded blue or red for a civilian vehicle.

Don't get me wrong, just my tastes. It does look great.
 _GOTOTOP