¿What should I do with this one?
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 07:00 AM UTC
Hi all,
I´ve been messing around for a while with this M1A1 Academy kit that I was given a while ago. Maybe you knew this before, but this kit it´s not the best around. So, today I was doing some work to "customize" it, and taught that could be useful to make another entry for the T2K campaign. Put some Chilean shields and camo nets, a couple of leftovers british decals and.....it become this. Maybe you could give me some ideas to the story for it, maybe a diorama... Gosh, nothing had came out of my mind. Hope you can help me....

comments welcome!:)
best regards
Braystaff
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 154 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 07:28 AM UTC
Fantastic!!!

The T2K era (if you can call it that) is my favourite. I love all that “Mad Max” feel and I was brought up playing the T2K Role Playing Game – still play today.

The tank commander looks like he is signalling stop. How about putting it a jeep / APC and they have just come across and old mine field or some radio active barrels. Could have found a vehicle they could salvage, either working or just for parts. How about that plus a seemingly abandoned Gas Station – maybe with an ambush inside!

Oh, a bit off topic, but if you want a really good T2K PC game checkout Soldiers of Anarchy for inspiration – loads of modern US and Soviet vehicles.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 09:16 AM UTC
Thanx Sim, you really have a BIG imagination :-)
Anyway, lets make a "brain storm" to get something clean and I´ll put hands (and mind) to work.
The story to tell the kit and dio it´s more worrysome to me....because I can´t figure out yet HOW TO PUT THAT TANK IN CHILEAN HANDS, I guess it´s too expensive, even in fiction :-) :-) :-)

best regards
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 09:57 AM UTC
How about...?

During part of the story, US goes to war with Mexico. THis M1 could have been from a break out US unit that made a mad dash down the continent, drawing fuel as it went, maybe carrying extra ammo in other vehicles (not seen). Mission of the unit (to fit with this years theme) could be to aid chilean govt, recover a piece of equipment, etc...

Could also be part of a Chilean contingent in korea outfitted with a "aquired" M1 and in a moment of national pride painted it up for Chilean service.

Ok. now run with it...
dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 11:28 PM UTC
Good ideas, aid to the Chilean Governement or Chilean Contingent in Korea, nice man......Maybe with a couple MUTT´s or an M113 or a something like that? Thanx Jacques
anybody else?
best regards
 _GOTOTOP