Hosted by Richard S.
My T2K 2005: Endangered Species
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 03:19 PM UTC
I have been working for about a month on my T2K 2005. I am finally revealing my ENDANGERED SPECIES. Here is the story...

SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE

After the discovery of Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by the U.S. led coalition in the War on Terrorism, there was a greater hope for peace in the world. Once the advanced state of Iraq's WMD capacity was revealed even France joined the fight against terrorism. The United Nations unanimously agreed to new resolutions with regards to terrorists attempting to obtain WMDs. A worldwide operation eliminated hundreds of terrorists and their sponsors. The pressure was put on all those who attempted to illegally purchase components for a dirty bomb. With their network almost completely wiped out the terrorist changed their tactics.

Since it was virtually suicide to try to obtain WMD components, the terrorist switched to building small, portable but powerful electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapons. By setting off an EMP all electronic components within range will fry its circuit. With parts easily purchased at the local hardware and electronic stores without surveillance, the terrorist amassed thousands of EMP weapons, no larger than the trunk of a car.

A simultaneous strike of all their EMP weapons near global military, communications and government facilities cripple the military, destroy communications and international leadership. Governments collapse, as leadership fail to keep the panic under control. Supplies cannot be distributed. Rioting and looting take place on a global scale. Thousands in the Middle East die of thirst each day, unable to pump water around the country. Thousands in Europe die from the summer heat wave with no air conditioning. The abundant US food supply spoils in warehouses. Money ceases to be the primary form of compensation as bartering for supplies reigns supreme. One entity is able to reorganize their logistics back into action and assemble strong security of their properties. They provide the most important thing required by man: to have a good place to sit down, drink a beer with his food and served by a beautiful waitress from Hooters.

Unable to use their highly computerized main battle tanks, resourceful military commanders restore old non-computerized World War 2 relics in museums to working order. They augment their weakened numbers by recruiting local gangs to help defend The Last Bastion of Civilized Dining and Entertainment.

Here the local military has restored an old German Panzer IV Whirbelwind to defend a Hooters establishment. With its 4 x 20mm cannon, it certainly gives the defenders an edge over the unruly. So if you have gasoline, ammunition or water you can come barter for some spicy hot wings, beer and a pleasant view of the lovely girls at Hooters.

More pic here http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/15464
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 03:38 PM UTC
lol oh yeah, gotta protect Hooters!!
WOW! I know you said you were going to modify a wirblewind, and now I see what you mean! You added a plow and gunner seat to the front! and did you make that cage on the top, too?? WILD!! Looking good, Shermies - Looks like you have a lot of work ahead, too! Keep us posted on your progress!
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 08:23 PM UTC
Alan,

Great story, nice idea and a very nice conversion of a Wirbelwind! Looking forward to the Hooter girls... uuuh, I mean the end result! :-)

Paul
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:29 PM UTC
I loved it! just the idea to Defenso ad Ultimum of Hooters make me want to throw the cast in my leg away.... :-) :-) :-) Nice conversion and nice dio, congrats...glad to see more advance in T2K, if you want, take a look to my entry here
best regards
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 06:24 AM UTC
I have a few more figures to paint. It was not as easy as I thought trying to create futuristic soldiers/scavengers. Even if you find a good pose it's still a German soldier or US soldier. It takes a lot fo mixing of equipment, painting unlikely camo patterns, radical hair colors, etc... You can see some of the "punks" in a pile in the upper left of the second photo

This weekend I will finalize the positioning of the figures and start building the rubble/parking lot/defensive position for Hooters. Might have to add another vehicle to fill up dead space if the rubble piles don't look right
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 08:26 AM UTC
You're correct that it's not easy making futuristic sci-fi soldiers from existing 1/35 stock :-). That was something I tried to do many times.

Your idea looks outstanding. Imagine quad MGs defending HOOTERS! :-). Dang! And the results on the street shows!
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 09:44 AM UTC
Alan, wonderful idea you have here. Its great so far I love the concept and layout. You have done a great job on the figures so far too and i just have to love that whirblewind!!! Cheers Kevin
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:25 PM UTC
I have an idea.You need an "Employee of the Month" picture in a frame near the entrance
May I suggest a scaled down / cropped picture of Jenny,or Mary,or Penney?
(++) (++)
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:33 PM UTC
Good one Carl..but can i suggest that we do one of each of us..but adding to that list GI babycakes as well???..

Mary (++) :-)
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:36 PM UTC
Alan..great work btw...I have loved this idea since we started talking about it in messenger..I really cant wait to see it finished...

Mary (++)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:39 PM UTC
OK Mary, Penny, Jenny and GI Babycakes get those Hooters shots to me and I'll get them on the wall
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 01:57 PM UTC
Alan
I love it Very well done Did you ever find that modified M16 you lost the other night?
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 02:21 PM UTC
The M16 w/M203 grenade launcher fitted with Starlight scope loaded with 75round drum is still MIA. It was a kick ass rifle
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 03:57 PM UTC
Looks good...real good! Great concept- I mean apple pie, mom and the local Hooters. Does it get more Red, White and Blue and in "serious" need of defence?

Anxious to see this one done.

Jim
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 11:18 PM UTC
A few more update shots. Notice the NO PARKING sign behind the tank!! Who's gonna tow that baby! Now that everything is clean it's time to dirty it up!

dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 06:48 AM UTC
Looking good Alan, just a question ¿¿¿¿¿any chance of placing some Hooters girls around????? :-) :-) :-)
Cheers
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 07:00 AM UTC
Do you think I would reveal any before the final unveiing... assuming there are any girls?
dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 07:41 AM UTC
Ok got it :-) :-) :-)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 06:21 AM UTC
Another update

GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 06:44 AM UTC
really taking shape now. the boarded up windows help the building facade and it's looking like a war zone with all the rubble.
 _GOTOTOP