Hosted by Richard S.
T2K dio: "The Long Ride Home..."
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 01:27 AM UTC
Well, since the doc told me that I could move for once off the bed yestarday, I went to the workbench and spent the whole night finishing the dio for these kits. Just some care had to be taken with the cast in my leg, but heck, I was starting to drove insane on the bed....the backstory then

"The Long Ride Home..."

The Chilean Army was supplied with many US-made equipment in previous years of the WWIII, since it was one of the few non-USSR supporter countries in Latin America. Thatīs why people saw something unthinkable in the 70īs, like M1A1 Abrams tanks, M2 Bradley IFV end HMMWV with Chilean Army markings. Most of these units were commited in support of allied forces in Korea (Chilean Expeditionary Force-Korea, CEFOK), Australia (CEFAUS, Chilean Expeditionary Force-Australia) and Panama (Chilean Expeditionary Force-Panama, CEFOP).
After the nuclear outcome of World War III, the CEFK was completely lost and the CEFAUS isolated in Oceania without enough ships to drive them home. But the forces protecting the Panama Canal were inmediatly recalled to defend the country against the peruvian invasion in 1997.
Some of these units were shipped to central Peru to stablish a 2nd front there, and with the final surrender of the last organized peruvian forces in 2002, they were ordered to move south to help the rest of the Armed Forces to keep control of the caos that raged main chilean cities by the flood of argentinian refugees, ex- peruvian army marauders and communist chilean guerrila.
These unit itīs moving south now. After 6 years of fighting in non familiar landscapes(like Panama and Peru), theyīre finaly going home now. But not to rest, but at least to fight for their own people. These are veterans of a thousand battles, thanking God every morning for allowed them to live one more day, praying to Jesus every night for have not ended their lifes that day like their comerades in Korea. Running slow through the dryest desert in the world, the Atacama Desert, they canīt risk to loose their life now, being so close to home and familiy...

M1A1 Abrams, "21"
2nd Armored Regiment "Lautaro", 1st Bgde, 1st Army Division

M2 Bradley, "42"
4th Mechanized Regiment "Rancagua", 2nd Bgde, 6th Army Division

M966 HMMWV Tow
Anti Tank Recon Company, unknown unit

Cheers
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 03:06 AM UTC
Very nice work and very nice story.

Don't forget to leave a note on this thread so I can count you for the ribbon on Jan 1st.

I really like the diorama you set up and the story not only makes sense, it also fits with how everything looks.

Good job. Now I just have to finish mine.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 03:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice work and very nice story.

Don't forget to leave a note on this thread so I can count you for the ribbon on Jan 1st.

I really like the diorama you set up and the story not only makes sense, it also fits with how everything looks.

Good job. Now I just have to finish mine.

Thanks Jacques, alredy done
cheers
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 10:23 AM UTC
Klaus- Nice work...you must be one very busy guy.

I'm building as fast as my schedule allows-and I'll probably miss the date, but T2K is a forever thing so...

Jim
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 07:50 AM UTC
Klaus, Very very nice work. Congrats on the fine build. Cheers Kevin
dexter059
Visit this Community