_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
ODS Warrior for "Modern Armour campaign"
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2006 - 02:27 AM UTC
Here is my entry for the "Modern Armour" campaign. It is Academys MCV Warrior with a Accurate Armour update detail set. As you can see this is far from a perfect build, but I learnt a lot while building it. The AA set is pretty good and the PE was not that difficult. I'm not especially happy with the Camo net, but it is glued to the hull, and will stay there for ever. The tracks is a nightmare on this one, the paint will not stick properly whatever methode I used. . I had an accident with a # 11 blade and managed to bust up the bustle rack at the same time. I used the original decals for it and got some silvering on the small Desert Rats. Even though I used a "buckett" of Microset I did not manage to get rid of it. The tactical markings/callsigns for the turret was left out since they were too big for the side bins. The Warrior will get a crew from AA and some more stowage, but I will call it finished for now. All in all it was an enjoyable kit, and great fun to build. Thanks Jazza, for a very good campaign.

Erik

PS. From the pictures it looks a bit glossy here and there. This is due to too much and too hard light...

ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2006 - 07:08 AM UTC
Looks good. Might be sitting a bit high but it'll be nice to see it with a crew and the turret basket full.

Paul
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2006 - 07:16 AM UTC
Looks good to me. Only thing that looks a little odd are the two different types (Academy and AA) of water jugs on the right side. Good looking model though. It will look great with the AA crew too. Good job.
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2006 - 10:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Might be sitting a bit high

I misread the instructions and set the wheels in the highest position (Empty vehicle). My next Warrior will be lower.

Quoted Text

Only thing that looks a little odd are the two different types (Academy and AA) of water jugs on the right side.

Agree. I think I misunderstood some pictures in the Osprey Warrior book. I thought it was two different types of racks, but I'm not sure anymore.

Erik
Tomek_K
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Dolnoslaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 131 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 10:57 PM UTC
Nice model you've build Erik.
Congratulations on finishing the Campaign.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 02:17 AM UTC
Congrats on completing the campaign Erik!

Very nice build you got there. Overall did this Academy kit come together ok? In terms of accuracies, were there any issues?
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 02:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Overall did this Academy kit come together ok? In terms of accuracies, were there any issues?

Biggest problem was the bustle rack. It is a bit difficult to get a nice fit. On my next Warrior I will use AM tracks, since I had major problems getting the paint to stick to the "rubber bands". Other than that it was an enjoyable build.

Erik
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 04:45 AM UTC
Congrats Erick, really like the paint you did on that Warrior.

Cheers
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 04:34 PM UTC
Hi Erik,

Nice to see it finished at last. Looks good to me, mate.

(Of course, mine is better!) :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP