Hosted by Richard S.
T2K 2006 round-up
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 10:46 PM UTC
yes it is all over. And yes, i had to take a big break and will not be back int he campaigns area probably for another 2 months or so...My mothers cancer seems tobe gone, but no real thumbs up until she goes to the Mayo Clinic to be looked over.

Anyhow, if you did happen to finish a project for the T2K: 2006 campaign, please drop a note and photo in here and I will get you the ribbon.

BTW, my entry is not done (surprise, surprise.) However, it was to be a modified BMP-1 turret with a new Electrmagnetic gun system, although significantly different to Neo's work. I do have a couple of ideas for 2007, but I am not sure if I will run a campaign or just do them solo.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 10:54 PM UTC
Mine is too, Sadly Unfinished....................... It was a Converted LAV.....
I just kinda ran ot of energy fighting with my Ex (in court).........
Cyberwombat
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 219 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 11:27 PM UTC
Well, having been down both roads, y'all have my deepest sympathies...sometimes life doesn't leave a lot of time for the fun stuff.

Having said that, I'd love to see this campaign restarted for 2007, as I have a couple of ideas. I'll even volunteer to run it (I'm stupid that way) but I'd need some pointers.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:50 AM UTC
IIRC Gunnie had decided to make it a Yearly one........... But we'll have to wait for him to Chime in for sure...................
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 03:12 AM UTC
My entry (I call it Stalin's revenge...the big secret!) is finnished.
Pic's come tomorrow in this thread.

Paul
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 02:33 AM UTC
So far all I have is Trisaw and 007...anyone else get something done?

Otherwise, only two ribbons.
panzer67
Visit this Community
Nuevo Leon, Mexico
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 96 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:03 AM UTC
this is the 38 cms eisenbahngeschutze " Siegfried"

i just can`t finish the loading ramp at the rear of the gun....

i was asking me what happened to this campaign...

please do anoooother similar asap.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 08:31 AM UTC
Looks good. Do you have a story to go with it?

Ok guys, here is the deal. I will probably get something going after all the mess with my mother is cleared up and life gets back to the more normal chaos that it is. I am thinking of a half year campaign, staring July 1st, that will be a basic wrap up off all those builds we started over the years and never finished. How does THAT grab you?
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 07:29 PM UTC
OK, finally the pics of my entrie!

THE IS3-R "Stalin's Revenge".

It's a secret tank, based on the IS3. After the fall of the Iron curtain many Russian armour was stored away in secret places, just in case the west was not as nice it seems. When newer Russian countries are bankrupt and broke through criminal organizations, the goal is th rise a new Stalinistic state.

Sovjet stocks were so much more western intelligence could figure, so this 'stocking' was not noticed at all.
In secret, ex-Sovjet science men worked on totally new projects suchs as this IS3-R (R=Revenge) Swift, silent, deadly...
The usage of older tanks from out of stock lead to the fact no new tanks have to be produced, so no intelligence agency would notice.
The IS3-R is a sattelite remote controlled tank, running on nuclear energy (this feature is only noticed when looking at the enginedeck. There's a round hatch at the position the nuclear reactor is situated).
The nuclear powered engines are totally silent, so swift and silent attacks are possible. Also, almost no heat is produced while the cooling proces is covered by decimetres of isolation material.
The armour of the IS3-R is used as it was on the IS3; it can withstand almost any 'normal' shells the west uses, including the plutonium ones.
The most remarkeble is the 'twin gun'. Because the tank is remote controlled, there have to be no space for a crew. This makes it possible to place a second gun in the turret. Both guns can fire simultaniously or apart from each other.
The normal muzzle is replaced for an digital controled silencer; shots of this tank will be no loader tha a pair of clapping hands...
The last picture shows the latest 'gadget' of this tank (or bether, not show it): It's a digital armour cloacking device; 76 sencors on the tank 'absorb' the surrounding scene and makes a calculation about how the scenery must look like on the position the tank is. Than 126 projectors are projecting a holographic visual shield around the vehicle. It makes the tank "dissapear" or "blend" in to the surrounding.
You're hit before you can see what hit you...
The only nitpick is that the tank is still vissable on some superb radar systems; it's not a totally stealth vehicle.

Paul

Cloaked modus:

_GOTOTOP