_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
FT: 1/35 New Connection Sdkfz 263 Conversion
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 08:55 PM UTC
I have a second 1/35 New Connection Sdkfz 263 Funkwagen Conversion (for the Tamiya Sdkfz 232 -8 Rad ki)t I don't need. So, I am looking to trade for something else. The conversion and is complete and unstarted. Please see my want list below, but I am open to offers of 1/35 trades.

If interested, please contact me directly at [email protected]

Armor Kit Wants

1/35 Armored Car Kits (Mostly harder to find kits)
1/35 Cromwell Vickers Mk VIa Tankette
1/35 Cromwell Vickers Mk VIc Tankette
1/35 IMA Beaverette III “Beaverbug” Armored Car
1/35 IMA Marmon-Herrington Mark II Armored Car
1/35 MIG Productions Landcruiser Technical w/ Dushka MG
1/35 MIG Productions Hi-Lux Pick-up “Technical”
1/35 Sovereign 2000 Sdkfz 247 Armored Car
1/35 Tamiya Stug III Ausf. B

Armor Conversion/Detail Set Wants
1/35 Armored Car Detail Sets and Conversions
1/35 Commanders 15cm SIG-33/2 sf Jagdhetzer 38t Conversion
1/35 Commanders PZKFW 38t Recon Tank Conversion
1/35 Cromwell SDKFZ 222 Neu Art Armored Car Conversion
1/35 Eduard AFV Club M10 Detail set (35300)
1/35 Jaguar Jagdpanther Interior (JA 63526)
1/35 Masters Productions French GMC 40mm Bofors Guntruck
1/35 Ordnance Models CCKW 2 ½ Ton Truck Armor Set
1/35 Real Models Kubelwagen Radio Car Conversion
1/35 The Tank Workshop M8 Greyhound Armored Car Wheels with Chains

Armor Book Wants

Books on Armored Cars
”Fighting Vehicles and Weapons of Rhodesia (1965-1980)” by Peter Locke & Peter DF Cooke
“(Modern) German Wheeled Fighting Vehicles” # 7504 (Concord)
Hunnicutt Armor Books (accept U.S. Armored Cars/US Halftracks/Bradley)
“Irish Army Armoured Cars” by Karl Martin
“The Land Rover: (1948-1984) by James Taylor
MBI Publishing “Praga LT vz.38 / PzKpfw.38(t)”
MBI Publishing “Skoda LT vz.35”
MBI Publishing “Jagdpanzer 38 Hetzer”
“Modeler's Special Edition: Guide to the Kubelwagen” by Ampersand Publishing
“Modern Military Land Rovers In Colour (1971-1994) by James Taylor & Bob Morrison
“Panzer Tracts #7: Panzerjaeger” by Thomas Jentz
“Panzer Tracts #12: FLAK & FLAKpanzers” by Thomas Jentz
“Panzer Tracts #18: PzKpfw 35 (t)” by Thomas Jentz
“A Photo History of Armoured Cars in Two World Wars” – George Forty
Profile Publications Armoured Fighting Vehicles of the World Series. Volume 3 “British & Commonwealth AFV’s 1940-1946”
Tankograd’s “Land Rover Defender”
“Wheels of the RAF” by Bruce Robertson

Aircraft Conversion/Detail Set Wants

1/48 Ultracast Pfeil Exhausts

Aircraft Decal Wants

1/48 Aeromaster P-47D “Thunderbolt Best Sellers Part 2 (48-688)
1/48 Aeromaster P-47D “The Wolf Pack Part 4 (48-660)

Aircraft Book Wants

Historie P-51D Mustang
Historie F4U Corsair
Historie French Aircraft of WW II
Osprey “Aircraft of the Aces” #14 – P-38 Lightning Aces of the Pacific and CBI

WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, January 19, 2007 - 09:00 AM UTC
Conversion is gone.
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 03:05 AM UTC
Pat, since I notice you've got a couple of IMA's sets listed in your wants, some IMA snippets from a lengthy exchange I had with Russ at IMA back in May that might be of interest.

First - the amazing disappearing orders. I think Russ has tracked down and contacted all people affected by this, but for a while if you ordered direct from IMA's site using Paypal, the money got transferred and then nothing at all happened - no confirmation from IMA of receipt, nothing. This was because something was pretty severely messed up, and while Russ was getting the Paypal e-mails, the other e-mails he should have been getting detailing what people had ordered were vanishing. Since he was watchng the latter mailbox, orders were coming in and Russ wasn't aware of it. For reasons to be explained, except where he had stock in hand, he'll have refunded money for unfilled orders.

Second - the amazing disappearing laser cutter. Remember that earthquake that hit Hong Kong earlier this year? It wasn't very good for the laser cutter that's at the core of some of the more "Oooooh!" bits of IMA kits. Basically it killed it. This was not good for IMA and all production ceased. While IMA has since received a new cutter, if you go to IMA's site you'll see that the armor kits are very much a sideline - IMA's main priority is stuff like custom architectural models, which are the real money-makers. While the company is finding its feet again, he's concentrating on those. However, once the backlog there clears, production of all those lovely IMA kits will resume.

My own lost order was for something outside the limits of this forum - the individual link 15.5" Cromwell tracks he does (required for stuff like late-model Cromwells, Avengers, Challengers and Charioteers). Russ has promised to contact me when he's put the armour section of IMA back into action. I also managed to get him sufficiently worked up about a very rare British fighting vehicle (it's got tracks, sorry, but its appearance marks it as an ancestor of a particular modern wheeled fighting vehicle that's due out in kit form soon, so it might still be of interest) that it seems likely that there'll be a conversion of it coming along soon.

I can't say more, since it's not an official product, but it'll be a very interesting subject if it happens - there are far too many interesting British vehicles (wheeled and tracked) that only got to the prototype stage and are completely unknown. Same goes for...well, everywhere except Germany, really.

Just wanted to let people know that IMA is not dead, it's just getting its strength back after a nasty accident, and stuff like the Beaverette and all those other goodies will be back in production in due course.
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 - 11:10 AM UTC
Thanks for the info Al.

PK
Firebug
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 01:42 PM UTC
Patrick,

I've been away from the hobby close to 30 years (yeah, I'm an old fart) and I'd like to get back into it. I was glancing thru some 1971 issues of the 'Squadron' and got the bug to do a 263 (8Rad) conversion and I stumbled across your posting for the conversion. I don't have anything to trade and I don't know if you still have the conversion available but I could use some guidance. I'd settle for a 3 view scale drawing.

Thanks!

Jim
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 02:52 PM UTC
Hi Jim.

Sorry to say, that conversion is LONG gone...

However, you are in luck as George Bradford of AFV News fame has 1/35 scale plans of the 263. Check out this website http://www.geocities.com/firefly1002000/1_35.htm and look for item G-18.
 _GOTOTOP