T2K 2007 Plans?
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 06:10 PM UTC
My Goal is to finish the 2 previous builds I haven't yet.... and then maybe another on top of that...... wait and see I guess.
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 07:01 PM UTC
I was toying with idea of scrathcbuilding a Chrysalis Motors Highwayman ( loosely based on some 1957 Chrysler cars) from the post nuclear PC game Fallout 2. It will be in 1:35 of course and should go with 2 or 3 figures converted to some tribal/cyber punk characters from the game also, everything tied together with a base.
"A CLASSIC, GENUINE Chrysalis Motors Highwayman! Over 800 HP/PS, FULLY ANALOG, and 0-60 MPH in under 3 seconds" :-)
"before the war they were saying: nothing can stop a Highwayman!"

Cheers
Greg
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 08:32 PM UTC
Hey guys, sounds like there is still interest. As I mentioned in the 2006 wrap-up thread, I will be looking to start something up around July 1st if noone else steps up.

Our working premise right now is to finish up any T2K builds you may have started in the past but just never got done. Maybe a "better late than never" theme? Any other ideas?
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 10:01 PM UTC
that sounds good......
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 02:23 AM UTC
I´m interested, if starts in july....

cheers
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 04:57 AM UTC
Still working on my BMP w/ Ion Cannon....

Might be able to finish it this year.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 03:33 PM UTC
A "Better than never" idea is great. My project didn't even leave the sketchboard except for test fitting the body, it was supposed to be a converted civilian VW Beetle for a light scout vehicle. If T2K 2007 is a go, I would like it to be somewhere around July please, got too much work this time of the year which keeps me off from building models and such.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 03:19 AM UTC
Looks like we are getting a concensus, but I will keep looking over this thread for the next month or two to see what anyon else has to say. SO chime in as you see fit!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 05:55 AM UTC
Howdy Fellas

It's good to see someone waving the T2K banner again! I can't tell you how much fun I had participating in the first T2K build Campaign
In fact I can remember most of the entries if I just squint my eyes a tad....

But before the opportunity passes, I feel compelled to say something rather important {IMHO} about that very first T2K Campaign, and it's this.....the reason that Campaign really took off like it did was because the participants, all the participants, raised the excitement level of the Campaign as a whole. They also maintained that excitement level throughout the entire life of the build itself. Not to mention the very impressive showing of storyline draft's turned in by most of the participating members. Reading thru those storylines was exciting and also gave all of us the opportunity to admire the communal writing talents of some of our fellow Armorama-ites.

That being said, my challenge {and suggestion} to all of you potential T2K'ers is to keep the heat turned up on the T2K Campaign. I've been away for awhile, but I'm sure the Amorama ranks have blossomed since last I was here. So there should be plenty more folks who would enjoy a wee bit of Military modeling coupled with some good old fashioned Sci-Fi........right?

warm regards,

Tread.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 06:46 AM UTC
If it starts in July, I might try it this time. I've had a nutty idea I've been tossing around ...
Wayswatcher
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 03:40 AM UTC
Just to note your idea isn't dead, and that I, and a few other wargamers worldwide, are currently building vehicles, or as in my case, a tug, for Twilight 2000.

Your campaign has been a constant motivation for me to get things done, sadly most of the pics in your links are dead these days.

With regards,

Johan
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 12:08 PM UTC
This sounds very interesting even though I am not sure what the term T2K exactly covers - can somebody fill me in?

Anyway if it is kind of sci fi meets current time meets "what if" models. I am surely in
emroglan
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 01:06 AM UTC
T2K, as far as I know, is based on a game called Twilight 2000. Jacques and others can fill you in better, however I can give you some basics. The game takes place about the year 2000, but with one big difference: There was chaos at the beginning of the 1990s, there were wars on several fronts and then things led to nuclear exchanges between NATO and Soviets. France and I think Belgium left NATO, American troops were stranded and cut off in several places in the world, Warsaw Pact and Nato forces kept of clashing into each other until both sides wore each other down.

So, I think it is a good excuse to build models that go somewhere inbetween concepts-what ifs and the real thing.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 09:01 AM UTC
That covers some of the basics...the general background is that there is tremendous conventional war worldwide, then somewhat limited Nuclear Strikes, culminating in many world govts splitting on civilian and military lines, and finally most things completely falling apart into city-state and limited regional control. Lots of Warlords and roaming bands of marauders. Lots of potential for almost any type of vehicle or bash.

Yes, I am still considering getting this set up for a July start as a "finish something from a former T2K campaign" line of interest.

Keep the idea going!
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2007 - 12:33 AM UTC
So, it could be an armored vehicle that really never fired a shot in anger or was in any war but was after WWII?

If so, count me in! I have a few that could fit that.

Jeff
Wayswatcher
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 04:01 AM UTC
Progress with us is slow but steady (do take note, we are wargamers first, modellers second, but we really like to model)

Yardhound Perimiter Robot

Saracen

My tug, modular construction so I can use it for Twilight as well as a WW2 harbour.

Enjoy,

Johan
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 07:34 AM UTC

Okay, so what's up with T2K07? I haven't really heard anything about a theme yet. There was mention of a car from a video game, and that sounds cool and all. How about we go "Civvie cars ala T2K"? You know, there are an abundant amount of civilian cars covering the globe. I'm sure that converting cars and trucks, SUVs and station wagons would happen on a huge scale. I have some ideas that could transform into something of this sort.
Campaign leaders? More theme ideas? Organization?

Just a thought. April 18th, 2007. The wars go on.
Cuhail McMurphy, Chieftain of the Agency, AoC Army, Lake County, IL

Cuhail
emroglan
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 10:17 AM UTC
T2K07 : "What we left behind"

Completing our incomplete previous start up builds?

I'm cool with civvies though, that was what I was planning to build for last year anyway, since I didn't get any work done on it I am game.
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 05:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

T2K07 : "What we left behind"

Completing our incomplete previous start up builds?

I like that. Must be about fifty people w/ builds for T2K started.

Or how's about: " What we left behind and what we found" for old and new?

NEO
 _GOTOTOP